Process For Submitting Applications:
- Please click on the “Careers” section. Under careers, select job vacancies, click apply on the job you are interested in and complete the application.
- Once you complete your application, click on the link “submit” at the bottom of the page.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an automated e-mail that your application was submitted successfully and you will be given an access code to complete the Gallup online survey. You will receive an applicant/pin number which will allow you to log back onto your application at any time thereafter as a returning applicant. The Gallup survey is necessary for employment for most educator positions in our school district. If you have taken Gallup in the past year for another school district, you will need to contact Gallup to have your score information shared with Williamson County School District. It is suggested that you give this survey your utmost and undivided attention.
- Some postings indicate the start date of that particular vacancy. Others may indicate that the position requires the applicant to be paid at the substitute rate until the interim dates go into effect when the applicant can be paid at the regular teacher’s salary. In these cases where a sub/interim is used, the regular teacher is taking sick days and then becomes uncompensated during their time out of the classroom.
- An interim position is a designation given to a substitute who is filling in for a teacher on leave who does not have any sick leave days available. In order to be an interim, you must be both certified and Highly Qualified in the area you are working.
- Recommendation letters may be attached with your application, but they are not required and cannot be used in place of the reference forms that one of our Williamson County School Principals or administrators will complete if you are recommended for hire. It is highly possible that references will be contacted that are not listed. For example, a former principal or supervisor in a previous school or district.
- Once your application is complete, you will be considered along with all others who qualify for a given vacancy. Principals have access to all applicant information and as vacancies occur your information will be reviewed. There really is no way to accurately predict when or if you will be called for an interview.
- Applications are kept on file for three years. We strongly recommend that you update your file periodically as our principals may search the most recent applicants.
- Once your application is complete, you can update your application with the use of your applicant/pin number at any time by attaching documents or changing your mailing address and telephone number. Updating your application and applying for additional positions is a very simple task by clicking on the “Careers” link at the top right hand corner of the page. You will then see a link for vacancies, click on login prompt for returning applicants.
- Once you have an application on file such as the 9-12 teacher application then you will be considered for all 9-12 vacancies as they become available. At any time that you see a new for vacancy for which you are certified and highly qualified (if applicable) you will need to apply for that opening and send a resume to the principal or supervisor as indicated in the vacancy posting. Each application on file such as 9-12 teacher application, 6-8 teacher application, PreK-5, is tied to certain selecting supervisors.
- Yes, but you may take the Gallup online survey only once a year. You will need to contact our Human Resources Department at 615-472-4050 for a Gallup access code.
- Substitute teaching opportunities are available in Williamson County. Complete the online substitute application by visiting “Careers”. You will then see a link for vacancies. Select substitute teaching and you will see a link for an application or you may select job vacancies and directly apply to the Substitute teacher position (code 600-1), click on apply and then an email to email@example.com expressing your interest. We hire subs on “as needed basis.”
After submitting an application with no errors, you will be directed to Teacher Insight. If you do not have the time to take the assessment, you must immediately create your login and password for the assessment at Teacher Insight. If you do not create your login, you will need to Enter District Code 21009004 and contact our office for an Access Code which will delay the process of your application.
- Click on Register
- Create Username and Password
- Select Security Question & Answer
- Click Submit
After submitting an application with no errors, you will be directed to Principal Insight.
- Click on Register
- Enter District Code 21009004
- Follow the prompts and complete the Interview, no Access Code needed for Principal Insight