Steps to Take Before Attending
- Submit the substitute teacher application
- Be sure to enter an email address for your references
- Attach transcripts, STEDI Certificate*, and/or Teaching License to your application
- Have your fingerprinting complete for this position or have it scheduled (see information contained in New Hire Packet PDF)
Are you exempt from taking the STEDI course by meeting one of the below requirements?
- Hold a Teaching License from any state (active or expired)
- Completed ninety semester college hours in a teaching preparation program
- Completed student teaching
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program in Education
- Retired teacher with a Teaching License from any state (active or expired)
- Previous Williamson County Schools Classified employees who have been employed within the last 3 years and have left in good standing**.
** You are exempt from taking the STEDI, however you can ONLY fill Classified positions. (This only applies to former Teacher Assistants, Secretaries, and Bookkeepers)
If you do not meet one of the above requirements, you will need to take the online STEDI course. The course is $39.95 and located at http://mylearning.stedi.org/product/subskills-online-training-course-2/. If you encounter any technical issues, please feel free to contact STEDI directly by e-mail or phone at email@example.com, or (800)-922-4693.
Documents to Bring to Orientation
- Print (single sided) and complete the New Hire Packet
- Fingerprinting receipt
- Originals and copies of your ID’s (see New Hire Packet information on acceptable documents)
- Voided check
- Copies of transcripts, STEDI diploma, and/or verification of exemption (please see information above)
IF ANY OF THE ABOVE STEPS ARE NOT COMPLETE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THIS OPEN ORIENTATION
If you have any questions, please call 615-472-4007.