Welcome to the Scales Elementary
School Counseling Webpage!
“The mission of the Tennessee School Counselor Association is to actively promote excellence in the profession of school counseling and to provide member support through professional development, advocacy, leadership, accountability, and collaboration.”
As a part of our comprehensive, developmental School Counseling program at Scales Elementary, our counselor serves our students, parents, and teachers through a wide variety of services. Some of the services include:
- Individual Counseling
- Small Group Counseling
- Character Education through classroom lessons
- 504 Coordinator
- Counseling Connection (updates in Scales E-News)
- Consultation and Collaboration with Parents, Teachers, and Administrators
School Counselors promote excellence through their work in four program areas:
- Responsive Services- personal and crisis counseling, small group counseling, 504 and support services
- Classroom Curriculum- classroom lessons, character education, group activities, newsletters, and transition issues
- System Support- staff and community relations
- Individual Planning- test planning and interpretation
Possible Groups for 2016-2017:
Self-Esteem– Small group sessions to boost students’ confidence.
Social Skills– Lessons to build an understanding of positive school behaviors.
Making and Keeping Friends– Reflecting on the characteristics of good friends.
Family Changes (Separation/Divorce)– Helping students cope with their parents’ divorce.
Grief and Loss– Small group sessions to help students with their grief.
NOTE: Some groups may be scheduled during a time other than lunch. Best efforts are made in collaboration with teachers to be sure students do not miss an extended amount of instruction time.
Please talk with the School Counselor, Mrs. Coyle, if you feel your child could benefit from a Lunch Bunch group. Contact her at: email@example.com