Access Bedford, Freeman, and Worth through the WCS Single Sign On Dashboard.
BrainPop offers both free and subscription based content and is a school based purchase. Contact your building representative for additional information.
To create an account at http://cacoo.com, click Sign in at the upper right corner of the screen then click Sign up. Fill in the blanks on the registration screen and click I agree to the Cacoo Terms of Service. Then click Create.
The Corwin PD Resource Center is for use by Fairview Middle teachers and administrators only.
Davis Digital Art accounts for grades 9-12 include such features as eBooks, ePortfolios, SchoolArts magazine, Curriculum Builder, and Fine Art Digital Images. Students can use the ePortfolio to share artwork with parents, community members, and colleagues.
Discovery Education Streaming offers a wealth of resources to enhance instruction in your classroom through video, audio, lesson plans, and pictures. Content may be accessed by both teachers and students and some editable content is available.
- Teachers create their own accounts using the school passcode.
- Student accounts have been created at the district level. Teachers will create classes and claim students.
- Student Accounts for new or transferring students may be requested here.
- Getting Started Guide
- MyDE for Students & Board Builder (Recorded Webinar)
- Board Builder How-To
Teacher Accounts: Teachers will create their own accounts using the school code.
Student Accounts: Students will create their own accounts using their teacher’s code. Students who choose to add an email address will use their WCS Google Apps account.
Glogster EDU is an online interactive poster maker. It allows teachers and students to create mash-ups of their learning by adding text, hyperlinks, images, audio, video and so much more to their Glog. Glogs are interactive and easy to create.
Educators may sign up for a 7 day free trial which includes full access to the program and 125 student accounts. Limited, free accounts are available for educators and up to ten students but do not allow access to all tools and features in the program.
Educator Free Limited Accounts: http://edu.glogster.com/signup
Glogster Help and How To:
Glogster iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/glogster/id907433564?l=cs&ls=1&mt=8 (Available for paid subscribers only)
G Suite for Education
- Access the G Suite Learning Center
- Add the G Suite Training Center Chrome Extension
- Engage in Fundamentals or Advanced Training Courses in the Google for Education Training Center
Help and How-to
Grolier is an online encyclopedia database that indexes encyclopedia articles, magazines and websites as well as providing access to an electronic atlas. There are two modes available, Grolier Passport for older students and Grolier Kids for younger students. Both modes provide lexile levels for articles to assist in utilizing content appropriate for student reading levels.
Contact your tech coach or library media specialist for home login user name and password.
Access iSafe for comprehensive curriculum materials for equipping students with the critical thinking and decision-making skills they need to be safe, responsible and technologically proficient cyber citizens in today’s global society and economy.
Lesson Plans and Resources (Sign-in with your iSafe username and password)
iTunes is an application that organizes and plays your digital music, video, TV shows, podcasts, audio books, etc. iTunes University and iTunes Store make content available for playback on your computer or mobile device.
Jing allows users to take pictures or video of what is seen on the computer screen. Jing can capture step-by-step processes, comment on files, capture screen messages, and so much more. Jing can easily be shared online through http://Screencast.com or saved to the computer.
Users should download Jing at http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/ and follow the directions for the install. After the install is complete, the user should watch the brief tutorial provided and then sign-up for a Screencast.com user name. Screencast.com will host the images and videos captured and provide a link to the images and video.
KidBlog is a secure blogging platform designed for students at the elementary and middle school levels. Teachers have complete control to monitor and control publishing activity as they facilitate communication within the classroom community.
To create an account, go to https://kidblog.org and choose Create a Class.
Getting Started with ALEKS
- ConnectEd Tour 1 : Intro and Plan
- ConnectEd Tour 2: Teach, Assign, Assess
- ConnectEd Tour 3: Collaborate, Home, Resources
- Kindergarten Core Components
- 1st Core Components
- 2nd Core Components
- 3rd-5th Core Components
- Kindergarten Instructional Plan
- 1st Instructional Plan
- 2nd Instructional Plan
- 3rd-5th Instructional Plan
Movie Maker 2012
- What kind of files can I use in Movie Maker?
- Add videos and photos in Movie Maker
- Import photos and videos into Movie Maker
- Edit movies in Movie Maker
- Add and edit audio in Movie Maker
- How do I use custom settings to save videos?
- How do I fix common Movie Maker errors?
Mindomo is an online mind mapping and brainstorming site. Students and teachers can create, view and share mind maps via the web. Mind mapping can help users better understand and learn new concepts.
Generating a new account:
Connect to http://www.mindomo.com/signup.htm to create a Mindomo account. Fill out all necessary fields to complete the registration form and click “I Agree.” Note: It is important that students use their WCS Google Apps Gmail address when signing-up for a Mindomo account.
netTrekker is a safe search engine for teachers and students. All resources found in netTrekker are selected, reviewed, and evaluated by educators. netTrekker searches can be saved and shared. Teachers will create their own accounts using their school code.
- Student accounts have been created at the district level. You will only need to enroll Students from the School Roster.
- Accounts for new or transferring student accounts as well as teacher accounts may be requested here.
Help and How-To Resources
Tired of the same old presentations? Prezi allows teachers and students to create web-based zooming presentations. Prezi allows your audience to see the big picture as well as all the small details. The zooming feature shows relationships and how they all connect together.
Teacher and student data is integrated with our SMS system. Librarians will not have to add students, teachers, or set up classes. New students will automatically show up in Renaissance Place a few days after they are entered and scheduled in SMS. Contact your school level scheduler for the status of new or transferring students.
Please see below for quick tips on common tasks. You also have access to live chat within Renaissance Place.
- Accelerated Reader on Mobile Devices
- Accelerated Reader Primary (School Admin Only)
- Activating Quizzes (School Admin Only)
- Adding Team Teachers
- Allow Teachers to Delete Quizzes (School Admin Only)
- Assigning Products (School Admin Only)
- Clearing Locks
- Deleting Quizzes and Tests
- Library OPAC Setup (School Admin Only)
- Print STAR Reports
- Print Student User Names and Passwords
- Print Teacher User Names (School Admin Only)
- Resetting Teacher Password (School Admin Only)
- Setting Goals
- STAR Math Audio (School Admin Only)
- Turning On/Off TOPS Report Printing
Beginning with the year 2015-2016, teachers will only use SharePoint for Shared Workspaces.
Socrative lets teachers engage and assess their students with educational activities on tablets, laptops and smartphones. Through the use of real time questioning, instant result aggregation and visualization, teachers can gauge the whole class’ current level of understanding.
StoryJumper is an online tool in which students can write and illustrate their own digital book.
Teachers create classroom accounts in the classroom edition.
- Go to http://www.storyjumper.com/
- Click Sign-Up on far right-hand side of screen.
- Enter user information.
- Make sure to check the classroom edition box. This will register you account as a teacher account.
- Check your WCS email and click the link to activate your account.
- Click Create a Virtual classroom to create student accounts.
- Make sure to uncheck Auto-Create in the Class Screen Name column in order to type in the screen name you would like for them to have.
- Create student accounts for your class.
TeacherTube is a media sharing website that allows teachers to view users videos or upload videos of their own.
- Go to
- Click Free Sign Up! In the top right hand corner.
- Fill out the User Information.
- Click Submit.
Lesson Plans: Posted with each video
TED provides a collection of creative informative videos from some of the world’s greatest thinkers and innovators. TED’s collection focuses on ideas that can shape our world and make it a better place. Find videos on thought-provoking topics related to a variety of subjects including technology, science, global issues and much more.
The Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL) is a virtual library that provides access to over 400,000 electronic resources, including magazines, scholarly journals, podcasts, videos, e-books, test preparation materials, federal census records, Tennessee primary source materials, and more!
School Access does not require a username or password. For home access, contact your teacher or media specialist for the password.
The backchannel is the conversation that goes on alongside the primary activity, presentation, or discussion. TodaysMeet helps harness the backchannel and turn it into a platform that can enable new activities and discussions, extend conversations beyond the classroom, and give all students a voice.