BrainPop offers both free and subscription based content and is a school based purchase. Contact your building representative for additional information.
To create an account at http://cacoo.com, click Sign in at the upper right corner of the screen then click Sign up. Fill in the blanks on the registration screen and click I agree to the Cacoo Terms of Service. Then click Create.
Davis Digital Art accounts for grades 9-12 include such features as eBooks, ePortfolios, SchoolArts magazine, Curriculum Builder, and Fine Art Digital Images. Students can use the ePortfolio to share artwork with parents, community members, and colleagues.
To create an account you will first create a standard account and then apply for the educator upgrade.
- Go to https://secure.diigo.com/sign-up.
- Complete the online form.
- Contact your Tech Coach for the Diigo Educator Master Code.
- Upgrade your account to the Diigo Education Edition: http://www.diigo.com/teacher_entry/educationupgrades.
- Choose B) Teachers: Upgrade your own account.
- Sign into Diigo.
- Enter the Master Code from your Tech Coach.
- You will receive an email when your educator account is approved. Until then, enjoy the normal features of Diigo.
Discovery Education Streaming offers a wealth of resources to enhance instruction in your classroom through video, audio, lesson plans, and pictures. Content may be accessed by both teachers and students and some editable content is available.
- Teachers create their own accounts using the school passcode.
- Student accounts have been created at the district level. Teachers will create classes and claim students.
- Student Accounts for new or transferring students may be requested here.
- Getting Started Guide
- MyDE for Students & Board Builder (Recorded Webinar)
- Board Builder How-To
- Intelligent Adaptive Learning
- Primary Learning Environment
- Primary Unit Labels (Learn how to help students progress in the program)
- Intermediate Learning Environment
- How Students Progress in DreamBox
- Understanding Student Notifications
- Adjust Restrictions for My House, Arcade, and My Stuff
- Classroom Reports
- Student Reports
- iPad App
Teacher Accounts: Teachers will create their own accounts using the school code.
Student Accounts: Students will create their own accounts using their teacher’s code. Students who choose to add an email address will use their WCS Google Apps account.
Glogster EDU is an online interactive poster maker. It allows teachers and students to create mash-ups of their learning by adding text, hyperlinks, images, audio, video and so much more to their Glog. Glogs are interactive and easy to create.
Educators may sign up for a 7 day free trial which includes full access to the program and 125 student accounts. Limited, free accounts are available for educators and up to ten students but do not allow access to all tools and features in the program.
Educator Free Limited Accounts: http://edu.glogster.com/signup
Glogster Help and How To:
Glogster iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/glogster/id907433564?l=cs&ls=1&mt=8 (Available for paid subscribers only)
Calendar How To
Chat/Talk How To
Classroom How To
Contacts How To
Docs How To
Drawings How To
Forms How To
GMail How To
Groups How To
Inbox How To
Maps How To
Presentations How To
Scholar How To
Spreadsheets How To
Sites How To
Templates How To
Grolier is an online encyclopedia database that indexes encyclopedia articles, magazines and websites as well as providing access to an electronic atlas. There are two modes available, Grolier Passport for older students and Grolier Kids for younger students. Both modes provide lexile levels for articles to assist in utilizing content appropriate for student reading levels.
Contact your tech coach or library media specialist for home login user name and password.
Access iSafe for comprehensive curriculum materials for equipping students with the critical thinking and decision-making skills they need to be safe, responsible and technologically proficient cyber citizens in today’s global society and economy.
Lesson Plans and Resources (Sign-in with your iSafe username and password)
iTunes is an application that organizes and plays your digital music, video, TV shows, podcasts, audio books, etc. iTunes University and iTunes Store make content available for playback on your computer or mobile device.
Jing allows users to take pictures or video of what is seen on the computer screen. Jing can capture step-by-step processes, comment on files, capture screen messages, and so much more. Jing can easily be shared online through http://Screencast.com or saved to the computer.
Users should download Jing at http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/ and follow the directions for the install. After the install is complete, the user should watch the brief tutorial provided and then sign-up for a Screencast.com user name. Screencast.com will host the images and videos captured and provide a link to the images and video.
KidBlog is a secure blogging platform designed for students at the elementary and middle school levels. Teachers have complete control to monitor and control publishing activity as they facilitate communication within the classroom community.
To create an account, go to https://kidblog.org and choose Create a Class.
Movie Maker 2012
- What kind of files can I use in Movie Maker?
- Add videos and photos in Movie Maker
- Import photos and videos into Movie Maker
- Edit movies in Movie Maker
- Add and edit audio in Movie Maker
- How do I use custom settings to save videos?
- How do I fix common Movie Maker errors?
Mindomo is an online mind mapping and brainstorming site. Students and teachers can create, view and share mind maps via the web. Mind mapping can help users better understand and learn new concepts.
Generating a new account:
Connect to http://www.mindomo.com/signup.htm to create a Mindomo account. Fill out all necessary fields to complete the registration form and click “I Agree.” Note: It is important that students use their WCS Google Apps Gmail address when signing-up for a Mindomo account.
netTrekker is a safe search engine for teachers and students. All resources found in netTrekker are selected, reviewed, and evaluated by educators. netTrekker searches can be saved and shared. Teachers will create their own accounts using their school code.
- Student accounts have been created at the district level. You will only need to enroll Students from the School Roster.
- Accounts for new or transferring student accounts as well as teacher accounts may be requested here.
Help and How-To Resources
A podcast is a series of audio or video files that are distributed over the Internet. It allows for ongoing updates that users subscribe to and receive automatically. A teacher cast is also an audio or video file that is posted to the Internet but without the automatic updates to subscribers.
Reasons to podcast in classrooms:
- Curriculum enhancement
- Program promotion
- Share school news
- Professional development
- Archive lessons
- Field recordings
- Study support
Teachers should follow these steps to begin creating podcasts with their class.
- Attend a podcast informational meeting.
- Identify your purpose for the podcast.
- After attending the informational session submit an intent to podcast to Belinda Moss. Include your name, school name, purpose of the podcast, frequency and delivery format (audio or video).
- Attend a Podcasting Tools professional development session.
- Submit your podcast to Sabrina Sayers as an .mp3 or .mp4 file type. Allow 3 business days for posting. Maximum file size per podcast is 5MB. For an audio podcast recorded at 64K you would have 30 minutes of recorded time.
- Sabrina Sayers will post the podcast and add the RSS feed.
- Your podcast will be available for download. (Make sure that all students have returned a signed media release.)
- Teaching for The Future
Tired of the same old presentations? Prezi allows teachers and students to create web-based zooming presentations. Prezi allows your audience to see the big picture as well as all the small details. The zooming feature shows relationships and how they all connect together.
Access Renaissance Place at https://hosted177.renlearn.com/80937/ or through the link on your WCS Applications window.
Teacher and student data is integrated with our SMS system. Librarians will not have to add students, teachers, or set up classes. New students will automatically show up in Renaissance Place a few days after they are entered and scheduled in SMS. Contact your school level scheduler for the status of new or transferring students.
Please see below for quick tips on common tasks. You also have access to live chat within Renaissance Place.