Page High School Media Center
The mission of Page High School’s Library Media Center is to support the learning process by providing a wide range of resources that will give each student an opportunity to achieve academic success. We assist students, teachers and staff in becoming effective users of information, foster a love of reading and partner with teachers to teach information literacy skills.
- Select and organize materials for research projects
- Assist students in finding appropriate materials
- Provide multi-media resources for students and teachers
- Train students and staff in information literacy skills
- Maintain the library’s print, electronic and multimedia collection
- Develop the library’s collection to represent current and authoritative information
- Collaborate with teachers to plan and implement lessons, incorporating technology whenever possible
- Choose quality, appropriate and contemporary materials for pleasure reading
Media Center Policies
- Students leaving a study hall or class must bring a pass to the circulation desk from the teacher that includes: student name, teacher name, date and time.
- Students must sign in on a sheet that will be used as a roster in the event of an emergency.
- Once in the library, students will be sent back to class 10 minutes before class ends with the original pass signed by a Media Center staff member.
- Students can only use the front entrances to enter/exit.
- Students in the library will follow verbal instructions in case of an emergency.
- Students may not have food or drinks in the library or labs.
- A teacher may not send more than 4 students at a time.
Media Center Staff
Carol Hogue - Media Center Specialist
Our librarians thrive on collaborating with Page teachers and students to prepare graduates for college and beyond and eagerly look forward to working with you.