Newsletter Announcements and Events
Stay up to date with the amazing activities of our BMS students and get the latest events and news about Brentwood Middle. If you would like to receive the complete newsletter through email, please contact Jacque Layfield.
First Semester Exams
7th and 8th graders will take end of semester exams December 12-15. 6th graders will take their final test on the same days as well. The times throughout the day when students are not actively testing will be used for exam study sessions and final review lessons.
- Tuesday, December 12: 1st period exam 1:25 PM - 2:57 PM
- Wednesday, December 13: 2nd period exam 8:25 AM - 9:55 AM, 4th period exam 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
- Thursday, December 14: 5th period exam 8:25 AM - 9:55 AM, 6th period exam 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
- Friday, December 15: 7th period exam 10:00 AM - 11:25 AM
Leave a Legacy
Join Us in Leaving a Legacy at Brentwood Middle School. We're embarking on an exciting journey to transform Brentwood Middle School into a thriving, innovative hub for education. This transformation wouldn't be possible without the generous support of our community. Visit the PTO Website or email the PTO Presidents or Fundraising chairperson.Please see the Legacy Campaign informational form for details by using the QR code below:
How Can You Help?
- Donate As A Sponsor:
Your financial contributions will have a significant impact. You can choose to contribute any amount that aligns with your corporate goals, and every donation counts. See levels for more information.
- Legacy Wall:
Leave a lasting mark on our new school by having your name, your family's name, or the name of a loved one engraved on our Legacy Wall at the entrance of our new building. Your legacy will stand as a testament to the incredible community support that made this dream a reality.
Why Your Support Matters:
- Enhanced Learning: Our new facility will provide modern, state-of-the-art resources, offering students the best possible environment for learning, athletics, fine arts, and more.
- Community Pride: Your contribution will demonstrate the unity and dedication of our community, ensuring that future generations will be inspired by your support.
- The Future Is Now: By investing in the future of Brentwood Middle School, you're helping shape the leaders and innovators of tomorrow.
BMS Yearbook Information
How to Purchase a Yearbook
We are excited to share information with you about how to purchase a yearbook.. To buy your student a book, go to this site (school code is 442 if needed). Prices are at the lowest cost right now and will be going up at the end of this month!
How to Purchase Ad Space for 8th Grade
For parents of 8th graders, ad space in the 2024 yearbook is available now. Last year, 32% of our 8th graders had an ad purchased for them in the yearbook. Time is limited to guarantee a space to recognize your child with a personalized message. Every year we have parents that wait too late and are unable to secure ad space. The best ad pricing of the year is available now on a first come, first served basis. Be sure to celebrate your student(s) and their hard work by purchasing an advertisement using this site.
How to Upload Your Pictures
For all parents and guardians - If you have pictures of your students from team sports or other school activities, please upload them here as soon as you can. The code is bmsvikings. When uploading photos, please list the names of students in the photo if possible.
Let us Know Preferred Names
If your student goes by a name other than what is listed on Skyward and you would like their preferred name to appear in the yearbook this year, please complete this form BEFORE DECEMBER 1. Please double check all spelling prior to submitting the form. Any requests after the December 1 deadline will not be accepted. For questions, please contact Ms. Ryan or Ms. Jeris.
Student Breakfast and Lunch Accounts
Please note that students can only charge up to two lunches if they have run out of money in their account. That is the equivalent of $10.
If your child needs funds in their account, parents can go to MySchoolBucks to create an account and/or to securely add money to the child’s account. Parents can follow the instructions and pick what they want to do:
- Add money.
- Add notes to accounts.
- Set up automatic deposits.
- Low balance alerts
- See what is being purchased.
- Apply for free/reduced meals.
If you have any questions or concerns about the lunch accounts, you can contact our cafeteria manager Penny Buttrey.
Brentwood Middle Communication Plan
- The BMS Newsletter will be emailed every week and contains everything you need to know to stay connected and help your child get involved at BMS.
- If you do not receive the newsletter, please check your Spam Folder and follow the whitelisted instructions on the document at the end of this newsletter.
- If you are not receiving the weekly newsletter, please contact Kathy Anderson or Jacque Layfield at 615-472-4250.
- Stay tuned for teacher emails each week that will share what is happening in your student’s classes.
- Dr. Harlin sends callouts each month to announce important events.
- Sign up for WCS InFocus and the WCS APP to stay up to date on all the news, activities, and events from around the district.
- Follow us on Twitter
Featured in InFocus
What's Happening at BMS
- Tuesday, December 5 - 6th Grade Winter Concert at BMS Theater beginning at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, December 5-Art Show in BMS Library from 5:15 PM - 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 6 - Brentwood Area Winter Orchestra Concert at BPAC at 6:30 PM
- Friday, December 8 - PBIS Reward Party
- Monday, December to Friday, December 15 - Midterm Exams
- Friday, December 15 - Half Day dismissal at 11:25 AM
- Monday, December 18 to Tuesday, January 2 - NO School
- Wednesday, January 3 - Students back to school - FULL Day
Visitors are Welcome!
- We protect instructional time during the school day and want to ensure teaching occurs without distraction.
- If you have a specific need on campus, please be sure to schedule time with building personnel ahead of time rather than pop in visits.
- Volunteer in all the ways possible—we love you on our campuses! Communication will consistently come from the school level regarding opportunities!
Focusing on a Culture of Kindness
- We continue to focus on the BE NICE state of mind and encourage people to treat others as they would want to be treated.
- For the benefit of your child, please continue to develop close relationships with teachers and school staff. We know it takes a village and we are better together!
- Feedback is important and helps us grow—be sure to share any thoughts with those who work in your schools.