News and Announcements
This page is dedicated to bringing you the most current FMS news. If you would like to receive the FMS Daily Announcements, which includes more time-sensitive information (i.e. sports practice and game times, clubs meeting after school, etc.), just email Carrie Coleman.
Fairview Middle School presents Still Life With Iris
WHEN: Thursday, Nov. 11th, 6pm to Saturday, Nov. 13th, 6pm
WHERE: 7200 Cumberland Drive Fairview, TN
MORE INFORMATION: Located in the Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $5.00 and can be purchased at fms.booktix.com. Additional Dates 11-13-21 @ 2pm
The building is open for drop-off at 7:20 a.m. and all students must be picked up by 3:05 p.m. unless participating in an extracurricular activity.
There will be no Homework Club on 10/26, 11/4, and 12/16.
PTO Falcon Fun Fall Festival - Nov. 5th
Tickets will be on sale this week during lunch for our upcoming Falcon Fun Fall Festival that will be held on Friday, November 5, from 3-5:00 pm. For $10 students get a drink, 2 slices of pizza and access to all games and activities.
Halloween Concert October 28th
The Middle School Bands, Middle School Orchestras, and High School Orchestra want to invite you all to our Halloween concert on October the 28th. The performance will be in the middle school auditorium at 7:00. The concert is free, and afterwards, we will host a mini fall festival fundraiser for our programs. There will be games, spooky karaoke, hot chocolate, face painting, and a haunted "corridor" (band room hallway)!
What's Happening at FMS?
Please click here for the FMS Calendar. It will provide you with dates for school plays, sports events, Late Starts, holidays, picture days, etc.
Message From The Principal
I know the importance of targeting students' academic needs and we have a fantastic team of professionals at FMS that are developing innovative ways to do just that.
I encourage you to talk with your student about ways they can "plug in" at school. Research tells us that students that find a way to become involved in activities outside of the classroom are happier and more successful within them. We strive to provide clubs and activities that address all student interests. If we don't have one, we encourage them to help us start one!
As always, I thank you for your support and welcome your questions and feedback any time!
FMS Student Featured in inFocus Article
Kevin received a wish from the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Read about it here.
The Scholastic Book Fair Is Here!
The week of Oct. 25th-29th the Scholastic Book Fair will be in the library. Students will get to visit the library during class to purchase books and other items. There is a Family night on Oct. 26th from 3:30-6:00pm located in the Library. If you have questions regarding the Book Fair please email Annette.Rose@wcs.edu.
Friendly reminder: ALL staff and visitors must have ID. Nobody will be permitted into the building without proper identification. Visit this WCS page for more information.
We wanted the community to be aware of this great and free resource. You can bookmark their website (https://homeworkhotline.info) and follow them on social media (Facebook/Instagram: @homeworkhotlinetn; Twitter: @homeworkhelp4tn) since they will have the most recent information on Hotline.
What's Happening in WCS?
To stay informed about what is going on around the county, check out the InFocus page!
If you'd like more information on our FMS PTO here is the website: https://fairviewmiddlepto.com/ this links to all of our social media, including our private Facebook page.
To see what's happening this week in sports, check out our school calendar!
Here are the WCS Athletics Spectator Guidelines for 2020-2021.
From Our FMS Counselors
Hey Falcon Families! The School Counselors have provided a link to a Google Form in case you need to refer your student to one of them. Reasons you might want to refer:
- Academic Concerns
- Social/ Emotional Issues
- In need of a quick Check In
- College/ Career questions
- Referrals to S.T.A.R.S. or Mercy Services
Here is that link: Parent Referral Form
The following is a description of how FMS is supporting our students who are required to quarantine by the Williamson County Health Department (WCHD).
First, if your child is directly exposed to a person with COVID-19 at school, then you will be notified by the WCHD as soon as they complete the contact tracing. Please note, this communication will not come from the district, as we will be receiving confirmation of this information at the same time as you. To ensure that this message does not go to your spam folder, we encourage parents to add the email NoReply.WCHD@tn.gov to their contact list or safe senders list.
Once we are both notified that your child has must quarantine, here is how we will provide support to students in quarantine:
- Students/parents should reach out to their teachers to confirm they have been quarantined by the WCHD.
- Your child’s teacher will be reaching out to you regarding the delivery of instruction during the quarantine period.
- If your child participates in the instructional sessions provided by their teacher, they will not be counted absent.
- Communication between the teacher and student is critical to each student being successful while in quarantine. We are encouraging all students to self-advocate and be in consistent communication with their teachers throughout quarantine. If a student has a question or is struggling to complete an assignment or assessment they should reach out to their teacher for support.
We recognize that if a student is sick while on quarantine, they will not be able to participate that day. Please communicate this with your child’s teachers as well as the front office.
Parents, we appreciate your support as we partner together to help students continue learning and being successful while in quarantine. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s teachers or grade level counselor or administrator at any point you are in need of assistance. We look forward to serving you and helping you through the quarantine period.
Additional guidance on quarantine can be found on the State’s website. Individuals identified by the Health Department must follow the quarantine requirement. Medical provider documentation of a negative test will not shorten the quarantine.
- Upon receiving a report of a positive COVID-19 case in the district, the Health Department will be notified. Williamson County Schools staff will provide a school contact tracing worksheet, seating charts, classroom diagrams, lunch contacts, transportation contacts and extracurricular contacts to the Health Department for its staff to determine which students may have been exposed.
- The Health Department says that when information is received, it will begin its contact tracing; and within three business days, the State's contact monitoring team will notify individuals who are required to quarantine for 14 days. Quarantine is a Health Department requirement. The Health Department will also inform students when they may return to campus.
- If your student is identified as someone who has had close contact to COVID-19, you will receive an email from NoReply.WCHD@tn.gov. We suggest you add this email to your contact list or safe senders list so that it does not go to your SPAM folder. This email is directly from the Public Health Department and will explain the necessary steps for you to take.
- The Health Department will provide a list of students and staff that require quarantine to Williamson County Schools. The administrators are notified of this report and can provide teachers the student information so that the student can begin remote learning.
For any school related questions, please reach out to your school administration. For any COVID-19 related questions, please email your questions to the health department at WCHD.COVID@tn.gov.
For up-to-date information about WCS' response to COVID-19, please visit Williamson County's webpage dedicated to the reopening framework and frequently asked questions.
Here are the Illness-Guidelines for Schools. If you have questions regarding any of these guidelines, please contact
Caryl Avena, RN
Fairview Middle School
(615)472-4446 clinic phone