Newsletter Announcements and Events
Stay up to date with the amazing activities of our BMS students and get the latest events and news about Brentwood Middle. If you would like to receive the complete newsletter through email, please contact Jacque Layfield.
Final Forms Update
There is an update regarding student-athlete physicals beginning next school year 2022-2023. Athletic Physicals need to be dated after April 15 to be eligible for the following school year. This physical will last until the end of next summer's inactive period (typically mid-July).
Clinic Notes About Immunizations
All incoming 7th grade students must upload ONE of the following to Skyward to meet enrollment requirements:
- A TN immunization certificate signed with proof of the Tdap booster and box E checked – Complete for 7th grade.
- Medical Exemption: A TN certificate signed by a physician (MD or DO) or the health department indicating specific vaccines that are medically exempted (because of risk of harm). Other vaccines remain required.
- Religious Exemption: A WCS Affidavit signed by the parent/guardian stating that vaccination conflicts with their religious tenets and practices affirmed under the penalties of perjury. If a student has received any vaccinations, then they also provide the following:
- Tennessee Certificate of Immunization with box checked (section 1a) by a healthcare provider to verify the parent/guardian has sought a religious exemption. Immunizations received should be documented.
Students Preparing for the Future Through CCTE-Summer Camps
Williamson County Schools (WCS) is committed to offering students a variety of educational options to complement the core curriculum. With nearly 40 different programs of study, our comprehensive College, Career and Technical Education (CCTE) program encourages students to take advantage of and explore their individual strengths and how those may align with a rewarding career. Click here for all the details and registration.
Summer EAF Camp for Rising 8th Grade Girls in June
The College of Engineering at Tennessee Tech would like to extend an invitation to your rising 8th and 9th grade female students for the 2022 Engineering a Future Summer Camp!
Engineering a Future (EAF) is a 5-day experience for rising 8th and 9th grade young women with an interest in engineering, taking place from June 6 – 10. This is a residential camp and food and board will be provided. This is an amazing opportunity for students to learn more about the field of engineering, make connections with other young women interested in STEM, and be mentored by current female engineering students and professionals! Campers will be led in exciting, hands-on experiments, participate in fun engineering challenges, and have the chance to explore our campus. Registration closes April 1st and there is a $25 attendance fee.
BHS Summer Camps-Robotics, Cheerleading, Basketball
Are you looking for an awesome 2022 Summer Camp that is close to home? Brentwood High School offers lots of choices from 4 years old to 8th grade. Check out all of the different opportunities for summer camps at BHS for your students.
Music Theatre Camp:
- Monday, June 20th - Friday, June 24th: 9:00 AM* - 12:00 PM (For rising 1st - 5th grades)
- * optional early care is available starting at 8:00 AM for an additional cost.
- Check in starts at 8:30 AM on Monday, June 20th, only in BPAC lobby.
- The final showcase for parents will be at 11:30 AM on Friday, June 24th.
- Please have students bring a snack and a water bottle each day.
- It will be held at the BHS Performing Arts Center (BPAC)
We are providing a tool so that our students can use to partner with teachers and staff in keeping our school community safe. The "Speak Up" Google form is where students can share a concern with counselors and administrators. They will do their best to address the issue effectively and efficiently with the information provided. The link to this Google form is on every teacher's Schoology page and the school counseling department's Schoology page. We appreciate everyone's help and willingness to make Brentwood Middle a better and safer school.
Brentwood Middle Communication Plan
- The BMS Newsletter will be emailed every week and contains everything you need to know to stay connected and help your child get involved at BMS.
- If you do not receive the newsletter, please check your Spam Folder and follow the whitelisted instructions on the document at the end of this newsletter.
- If you are not receiving the weekly newsletter, please contact Kathy Anderson or Jacque Layfield at 615-472-4250.
- Stay tuned for teacher emails each week that will share what is happening in your student’s classes.
- Dr. Harlin sends call-outs each month to announce important events.
- Sign up for WCS InFocus and the WCS APP to stay up to date on all the news, activities, and events from around the district.
- Follow us on Twitter