Student Athletic Opportunities
The Brentwood Middle School Athletic Department and sports teams model the vision and expectations established by Williamson County Schools. To learn more about athletics in Williamson County Schools, please see WCS athletic guidelines and requirements.
Our goals are:
- Create positive student-athlete opportunities
- Instill responsibility and integrity
- Succeed and win championships
- Provide memorable fan experiences
As Viking athletes, students will make a commitment to themselves, their teammates and the athletic program to follow the expectations of being an athlete. Brentwood Middle offers a wide variety of sports in the fall, winter, and spring seasons.
Brentwood Middle Athletic Offerings
Brentwood Middle has many athletic options for students. We categorize our sports by seasons.
- Fall athletic teams begin practice during the summer months before school starts in most cases. The fall athletic seasons run from the start of school until late October or early November.
- Winter athletic teams begin practice during the late fall. The winter athletic seasons run from approximately December through February.
- Spring athletic teams begin practice in late February to early March. The spring athletic seasons run from March to early May.
To learn more information about each sport, please see the section to the right. You will be able to see items such as:
- Grade levels eligible for tryout
- Expectations for participating in sport
- General tryout information. More specific information will be posted throughout the year.
- Current season schedules
- Coach contact information
This dashboard enables parents and students to complete required athletic forms electronically and communicate with each other during the season. In order to be eligible to try out and participate in athletic programs or activities, all required athletic annual physical forms must be completed electronically through the Williamson County Schools FinalForms online dashboard.
For parents and students new to Williamson County Schools, access to the FinalForms dashboard can be obtained by contacting the BMS athletic directors or coaches.
There is an update regarding student-athlete physicals beginning next school year 2022-2023. Athletic Physicals need to be dated after April 15 to be eligible for the following school year. This physical will last until the end of next summer's inactive period (typically mid-July).
Fall Sports Tryouts
JV and 6th Grade Volleyball
- JV and 6th grade volleyball tryouts will be the week of August 4th. Exact times will be posted closer to the tryout dates.
- All girls trying out should complete information on Final Forms and select Volleyball.
- Emails will be sent through Final Forms with more information about tryouts.
- Rising 6th grade should email Coach Julie Johnson.
- Rising 7th grade should email Coach Diane Marks.
- 8th grade students new to BMS should email Coach Diane Marks for tryout information.
Varsity and JV Football
- Football tryouts will begin on July 25th.
- Varsity (8th grade) will be held from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM.
- JV (6th and 7th grade) will be held from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM.
- Make sure to have a physical uploaded to Final Forms before attending. (No exceptions)
- Be sure to bring cleats, tennis shoes and water to the tryouts.
- Tennis tryouts will be held on the following dates:
- Boys-Monday, August 1 from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Girls-Tuesday, August 2 from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Callbacks-Wednesday, August 3 from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Students should be signed up in Final Forms for more information during the summer.
- Contact Coach Young with any questions.
- Cross Country Summer Interest Meeting will be Wednesday, June 8th at 6:00 PM in the cafeteria.
- Early Summer Conditioning-Monday, June 6th-Friday, June 10th from 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM at Granny White Park. Parents will pick up at Granny White Park. The most recent physical must be uploaded to Final Forms to participate. (A hard copy can be turned in for this week only.)
- Dead Period for MS Cross Country-June 13 - July 15. Runners are encouraged to run on their own.
- Late Summer Conditioning-Monday, July 18- Friday, July 29 from 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM.
- First Official Day of Practice: Monday, August 1st from 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM. We will meet at the BMS patio outside the school cafeteria. Coaches will walk runners to Granny White Park. Parents will pick up at the BMS patio. Physicals for the 2022-2023 school year must be uploaded to Final Forms before August 1st to participate.
- Practices will be Monday-Friday from August 1st, moving forward. No practices on Saturdays or Sundays.
Boys and Girls Golf
- Boys - In order to try out, boys need to be able to shoot a 44 or better consistently on a regulation course. The Little Course at Aspen Grove is not considered a regulation course.
- Girls - In order to try out girls need to be able to shoot a 50 or better consistently on a regulation course. The Little Course at Aspen Grove is not considered a regulation course.
- Must haves: Your own clubs, golf balls, and tees
- Current physical put into Final Forms. If you do not have a physical, you will not be allowed to try out.
- Attire – Khaki shorts/pants (any color), collared shirt – no jeans, cut off shorts or draw string shorts
- Location – Cheekwood Golf Club – formerly known as Spencer Creek – parents pay at the clubhouse
- Cost: TBD
- Date: Tuesday, August 9th and Wednesday, August 10th
- Time: Arrive by 3:15 PM ready to tee off by 3:30 PM
- Parents will need to return to the course at 5:30 PM to pick you up if in first group. You may call your parents when you are on the next to the last hole. Spectators will not walk or ride along with players during tryouts.
- You can bring a pull cart or rent one at the course – you will be walking the nine holes.
- Bring a water bottle
- If you meet the requirements and intend on trying out, please email Coach Adams.
Tickets for Athletic Events
BMS Sports Offerings
Baseball - Spring Season
Basketball - Winter Season
Basketball Cheer - Winter Season
Cross Country - Fall Season
Dance - Winter Season
Football - Fall Season
Football Cheer - Fall Season
Golf - Fall Season
Soccer - Fall Season
Softball - Spring Season
Tennis - Fall Season
Track - Spring Season
Volleyball - Fall Season
Wrestling - Fall Season
Sports Camp Information
BMS Summer Boys Basketball Skills Camp
Brentwood Middle School will have a Summer Boys Basketball Skills Camp from June 13-15. This complete skills camp, directed by our own BMS Basketball Coaches, is a challenging three days packed with individual skills training, fun competitions, and drills designed to help you become a better player! Camp will also include competitive 3-on-3-tournaments and 5-on-5-tournaments. More information and specific times can be found here.
BMS All Sports Camp
Brentwood Middle will have an All-Sports Summer Camp from June 8-10 for all upcoming 6th-8th grade boys and girls. This camp will dive into a variety of team and individual sports and activities.
(pickleball, dodgeball, kickball, basketball, volleyball, team handball, ultimate frisbee, spike ball). Weather may permit certain activities. More information and specific times can be found here.
BHS Summer Football Camp
Registration is open for the 2022 Youth Football Camp for 5 years old to 15 years old at BHS. The camp will be held on June 20-22 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM. The cost is $100 per player.
BHS Girls Soccer Tryouts:
BHS Girls Soccer Tryouts for rising 8th grade students will be May 25 - 27. Below are the specific times:
- Wednesday, May 25 (last ½ day of school) from 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday, May 26 from 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Friday, May 27 from 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Viking Athletic Club (VAC)
The function of the Viking Athletic Club (VAC) is to support fundraising for all sports. This organization has helped purchase scoreboards, gym floor mats, conference banners, and much more. This organization will promote student participation, school spirit and commitment to Brentwood Middle School Athletics. Information on VAC and athletic passes can by found on our Resources page.
How to Order Viking Athletic Apparel
The Viking Athletic Club will have an online sale of BMS spirit apparel a couple of times during the school year. The first online store will be open for purchases at the beginning of the school year. All information will be communicated through the BMS newsletter. For questions about apparel or the store, contact the Viking Athletic Club apparel representative.