Library and Technology Resources
The mission of Fairview Middle School’s Library Media Center is to support the learning process by providing a wide range of resources that will give each student an opportunity to achieve academic success. We assist students, teachers, and staff in becoming effective users of information, foster a love of reading, and partner with teachers to teach information literacy skills.
April is School Library Month! To celebrate, the library is having a "Can You Guess What Book Is In This Jar" contest. Students can drop by the library to look at the pages in the jar and fill out a form with what book they think it is. The winning choice will get free ice cream at lunch. The contest will run the week of April 5th-9th.
Exciting news...Sora is now available! Sora is a student reading app by OverDrive and is now available at all WCS students!
What’s great in Sora:
- Access to eBooks and audiobooks on virtually any device
- One-tap borrowing and reading
- Fun reading achievements and avatars
- Unified experience across devices
- Font-sizing/contrast and dyslexic font options
The Sora app is now on the Classlink dashboard. Ask your librarian for details!
Media Center Goals
- To provide a learning environment that promotes literacy by providing the materials for the instruction of the individual student or groups of students
- To provide leadership, collaboration and assistance to teachers
- To maintain a library collection that supports the curriculum with a variety of print and non-print resources that meets the needs/interests of all students
- Library Hours: 7:40 AM – 2:47 PM, Monday through Friday
- Books are checked out for a two week period.
- Students may check out 2 books at a time.
- Books may be renewed one time. Have the book with you to renew it.
- Overdue fines – $.10 cents per day per book
- Students with fines or over dues may not continue to check out books until fines are paid.
- Lost books will be charged full price.
- Damaged/lost barcode costs $2.00.
- Always have your planner with you!!
- Visit the library as often as you would like or need with your teacher’s permission.
- Sign the AUP form
- Use your county login username.
- Use the county generated password.
- Abide by the WCS internet board policies.
- Used only for school work. No surfing the internet or email.
- Misuse of this privilege can result in disabling of your account.
Library Behavior Guide:
- Use those great quiet voices.
- Show respect at all times.
- NO GUM or candy in Library.
- Take proper care of school property.
- Walk at all times.
- Follow all school rules.
- Be a great CITIZEN!!