COVID-19 Information for Students and Families for 2020-2021 School Year
Below you will find updated COVID-19 information from current FAQs, weekly numbers by school, links to state wide information and more.
Information will be updated weekly on Tuesday.
COVID-19 Numbers by School
Beginning Wednesday, September 23, 2020, quarantine messages will be sent by the Williamson County Health Department.
COVID-19 Process for WCS and WCHD for 2020-2021
Additional guidance on quarantine can be found on the State’s website. Individuals identified by the Health Department must follow the quarantine requirement. Medical provider documentation of a negative test will not shorten the quarantine.
- Upon receiving a report of a positive COVID-19 case in the district, the Health Department will be notified. Williamson County Schools staff will provide a school contact tracing worksheet, seating charts, classroom diagrams, lunch contacts, transportation contacts and extracurricular contacts to the Health Department for its staff to determine which students may have been exposed.
- The Health Department says that when information is received, it will begin its contact tracing; and within three business days, the State's contact monitoring team will notify individuals who are required to quarantine for 14 days. Quarantine is a Health Department requirement. The Health Department will also inform students when they may return to campus.
- If your student is identified as someone who has had close contact to COVID-19, you will receive an email from NoReply.WCHD@tn.gov. We suggest you add this email to your contact list or safe senders list so that it does not go to your SPAM folder. This email is directly from the Public Health Department and will explain the necessary steps for you to take.
- The Health Department will provide a list of students and staff that require quarantine to Williamson County Schools. The administrators are notified of this report and can provide teachers the student information so that the student can begin remote learning.
- For any school related questions, please reach out to your school administration. For any COVID-19 related questions, please email your questions to the health department at WCHD.COVID@tn.gov.
Informational Snapshots for Parents
Below are the side-by-side explanations for On-campus, Remote and Online School in WCS for 2020 - 2021.
WCS Illness Guidelines/Normas sobre enfermedades can be found on our Health Services page.
Reopening Framework FAQs for 2020-2021
Schools in Remote Learning by Week
WCS COVID-19 Response Timeline
TN Department of Health COVID-19 Information
Williamson County Emergency Management Agency Information
- Coronavirus statistics are available at the Williamson County Emergency Management Agency website.
- Area heat map provided by the Tennessee State Health Department showing COVID-19. Select "Mid-Cumberland" in the drop down box to view Williamson County.
- City of Brentwood COVID-19 Dashboard
Instructional Information for 2020-2021
For a full explanation of the WCS Online program, please visit the WCS Online K-8 or WCS Online High website.