Helpful Tips for WCS Websites
Published August 18, 2020
Families will notice a number of new and helpful features as they explore the district’s new websites. District Webmaster Karianne Annastas encourages visitors to take some time to explore the district and school sites.
“With any new website, it will take some getting used to,” said Annastas. “I believe that the new features will make finding information on our site easier and more accessible to our families and visitors.”
Here are some new features and tips on navigating the sites:
- On-screen alerts will appear when the district has an important message to share.
- The Google Translate feature in the top right-hand corner allows the district's non-English speaking families to select from a number of languages. Once selected, site content will be translated into the chosen language.
- To contact employees at the Central Office, use the District Office Search Directory at the top of the page. The directory allows users to search using names or departments. Each school website has a Faculty and Staff page that lists employees at that particular school.
- Some menus may be cut off depending on your screen size. Try changing the settings in your browser to zoom out in order to see all menu items. Another solution is to use the district's Sitemap which has links to all the pages on the site. The same thing can be done on the individual school websites.
- If you had a page bookmarked and it no longer leads you to the correct page, use the search function in the upper righthand corner to find what you're looking for. Then be sure to update your bookmarks in order to make finding the page easier in the future.