Daily Messages for Students
The Midday Announcements will be made at the end of 4th period every day. It is very important that students pay close attention during the announcements in order to stay up-to-date on club meetings, sporting events, etc. If you have a midday announcement that you would like read aloud to BHS students, please complete the Submit News Information Form.
- Thursday, April 18, 2019 make plans to attend the theatre 3/4 Centerstage performance “Blast from the Past” at 7:00 PM in the BPAC. The cost is $3 at the door.
- Seniors, please submit your photos for the Senior Slide Show that plays at graduation by May 1, 2019. Group photos are welcome but identify everyone in the shot. Check the flyers in the hallways for the email address.
- If you are thinking about applying to Washington and Lee University or the University of Kentucky, please see Mrs. Sulcer in the counseling office by Monday, April 22, 2019.
- A representative from Columbia State will be at BHS on April 25, 2019 during enrichment to assist any student who is planning to take a Dual Enrollment Course through Columbia State next school year. Please go to the Library Computer Lab at the beginning of enrichment.
- Seniors, please visit the BHS News page to download a presentation with important “end of year” information from your guidance counselors.
- Attention music lovers! Would you like to take a class that performs rock and pop music for honors credit? The Commercial Music Ensemble is holding auditions on May 2, 2019 and May 9, 2019. The class needs, guitarists, drummers, keyboard players, and singers. See Mr. O’Keefe or Ms. Nicholson in room D2 for audition materials and information.
- Juniors, If you were accepted into the National Honor Society, there will be a mandatory new members’ meeting on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 after school in the library. If you are unable to attend, you must see Ms. Rutherford in room B14 on April 25 or April 26 for information that was missed. Officers will be elected at the meeting. Nominations for officers can be turned in in Ms. Rutherford’s room, B14, starting now through April 18. Also, all new members need to join the Google Classroom. Refer to your acceptance letter for the code.