Upcoming Events and Announcements
The Arts Programs at Brentwood Middle provide many students with the methods for expressing their creativity and artistic talents. Upcoming events, important dates and information can be found below.
April 6th – Art Show Opens in Brentwood Middle Library.
Art Class Needs Do you have flooring or countertop samples the art classroom can use? Studio8 and Semester 8 classes are creating Tiny House layouts and presentation boards. If you’ve smaller samples hanging around your house you could donate, we’ll have a box in the front office from February 3 – 14.
We’re still on the lookout for used portable sewing machines for our 7th grade Design Universe class. If you’ve one to donate, please contact Ms. Tucker to arrange for drop-off at the school
The Brentwood Tree Board extends an invitation to all Brentwood Middle 6th grade students to participate in the Brentwood Arbor Day Poster Contest. This year’s theme is “Be Majestic,” and should relate to Arbor Day and trees. The artwork must be on 11 x 17 inch poster board or drawing paper, and may be any medium. However, the artwork should not be raised from the poster surface more than 1/2 inch. Entries will be displayed at the Brentwood Library from March 7 until April 4.
- Deadline for submissions is February. 26, 2020, in Ms. Tucker’s art classroom.
- Prizes: $100.00 for first place; $45.00 for second place; $25.00 for 3rd place.
Dates and Announcements:
- April 7th- Band Parents Meeting 6:30 PM in the Band Room. All 6th, 7th and 8th grade parents as well as rising 6th grade parents invited. Please make this meeting a priority and try to attend. We will be discussing important info about the awesome future of our Brentwood Middle School Band!
- April 20th- Instrument Step Up Night (more info to come, but this is an awesome opportunity to get your child a great intermediate instrument)
- April 24 – April 26 -Band Trip
- May 5 – Spring Band Concert at Brentwood Performing Arts Center at 6:30 PM
Dates and Announcements:
- Choir Trip – April 24 – April 26
- May 6 – Spring Choir Concert at Brentwood Performing Arts Center at 6:30 PM
- Rising 9th Grade – Choir Bridging Day – January 31 The Brentwood High Choir Department is holding a bridging day for 8th grade students interested in learning about choir opportunities for the 2020 – 2021 school year on January 31st. Interested student will bring home permission slip forms next week.
PowerHouse is a co-ed performing arts group that includes 20 – 25 students from all grades who are interested in making music together. A vocal performing arts group includes arranging, rehearsing, and performing music in a variety of ways. Students will sing a capella and with instruments. Students will be given additional musical opportunities such as accompanying their peers on piano, percussion, and incorporating other instruments to enhance performances. The students selected for the group will have rehearsal with Ms. Hulst during Focus every day. Students in PowerHouse will be given the choice to have focus time during Thrive Tuesday-Friday.”
- April 2 – 5 – Spring Musical in Brentwood Middle Theater
- May 14 – 8th Grade Advanced Drama Performance
Set Construction Volunteers
The Theater Department is looking for someone (or a team) to head up the set construction for our spring musical, High School Musical Jr. If you or someone you know is interested, please email Meredith Daniel .
Dates and Announcements:
- March 12 – Side by Side Orchestra Concert with Brentwood High School at Brentwood Performing Arts Center at 7:00 PM
- May 1 – Williamson County Schools String Fling Concert at Brentwood High School at 7:00 PM
- May 7 – Spring Orchestra Concert at Brentwood Performing Arts Center at 6:30 PM
Working with Channel 9
VNN staff members recently had the opportunity to record the Brentwood Middle/Woodland Middle football game with Brentwood High School’s Channel 9. Students were able to experience filming in a professional setting. They had a chance to announce, direct, and operate cameras. The game will be shown on Channel 9 on Monday, September 23 at 7:00 PM and again on Wednesday, September 25 at 6:00 PM. DVDs of the game are also available for $10.00. Contact Ronnie Adcock to purchase DVDs.
- Fall Semester 2019: September 9, September 16, September 23, September 30, October 14, October 21, October 28, November 11, November 18, December 2.
- Spring Semester 2020: January 13, January 27, February 3, February 10, February 24, March 9, March 23, March 30, April 13.
- October 31
- December 17
- March 13
- May 18 for 8th Grade
- May 19 for 6th and 7th Grades
VNN(Viking News Network) is a news program developed by students and shown to students throughout the year. Students selected to participate go through an application process and must have a working knowledge of video production techniques. Students are eligible to apply for the upcoming school year at any time during the current school year. The VNN staff meets during Power Monday times.