Process For Submitting Applications
Please see our frequently asked questions listed below or view and/or download the PDF document.
An interim position is a designation given to an individual who is filling in for a teacher on leave who does not have any sick leave days available. In order to be an interim, you must be both certified and Highly Qualified in the area you are working.
Recommendation letters may be attached with your application, but they are not required and cannot be used in place of the reference forms that one of our Williamson County School Principals or administrators will complete if you are recommended for hire. It is highly possible that references will be contacted that are not listed. For example, a former principal or supervisor in a previous school or district.
Once your application is complete, you will be considered along with all others who qualify for a given vacancy. Principals have access to all applicant information and as vacancies occur your information will be reviewed. There really is no way to accurately predict when or if you will be called for an interview.
- Please click on the “Careers” section. Under careers, select job vacancies, click apply on the job you are interested in and complete the application.
- Once you complete your application, click on the link “submit” at the bottom of the page.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an automated e-mail that your application was submitted successfully and you will be given an access code to complete the Gallup online survey. You will receive an applicant/pin number which will allow you to log back onto your application at any time thereafter as a returning applicant. The Gallup survey is necessary for employment for most educator positions in our school district. If you have taken Gallup in the past year for another school district, you will need to contact Gallup to have your score information shared with Williamson County School District. It is suggested that you give this survey your utmost and undivided attention.
Applications are kept on file for three years. We strongly recommend that you update your file periodically as our principals may search the most recent applicants.
Once your application is complete, you can update your application with the use of your applicant/pin number at any time by attaching documents or changing your mailing address and telephone number. Updating your application and applying for additional positions is a very simple task by clicking on the “Careers” link at the top right hand corner of the page. You will then see a link for vacancies, click on login prompt for returning applicants.
At any time that you see a new for vacancy for which you are certified and highly qualified (if applicable) you will need to apply for that opening and send a resume to the principal or supervisor as indicated in the vacancy posting. Each application on file such as 9-12 teacher application, 6-8 teacher application, PreK-5, is tied to certain selecting supervisors.
Yes, you eligible to complete the Gallup survey once within a twelve month period. If you would like to retake the Gallup survey after the twelve month period has passed, submit a current application that is posted as a vacancy on the WCS website. After submitting the application, you will receive an email with the instructional link to take the Gallup assessment.
Please visit the WCS substitute teaching page on our website and follow the instructions provided to attend our next orientation.
Parent Volunteers must complete an application and credibility agreement (WCS Website) and be fingerprinted. HR will not contact you unless your prints are un-readable. Once you are on the parent volunteer list you stay on the list. It is the Principal of the schools responsibility to check that you are on the parent volunteer list before going on a field trip. Please be fingerprinted 2 weeks prior to your child field trip so HR can assure that you are on the list.
After submitting an application with no errors, you will be directed to Principal Insight.
- Click on Register
- Enter District Code 21009004
- Follow the prompts and complete the Interview, no Access Code needed for Principal Insight