Steps to Take Before Attending
- Submit the substitute teacher application (opens in a new window).
- Complete and attach to your online application in order of the corresponding pages in the New Hire Packet (PDF opens in a new window). Electronic signatures are now accepted by the district.
- Submit the reference link to at least two references, who must be professional references.
- Have your fingerprinting complete for this position. For more information, please read the New Hire Packet (PDF opens in a new window). Fingerprinting can be attached to the new hire packet if you so choose.
- Your New Hire Packet will need to be submitted electronically by attaching the packet to your application and either emailing it to the HR Specialist for substitutes (Email) or via fax at (615) 472-5755. You will then be contacted by HR regarding the next available orientation for you to attend.
Documents to Bring to Orientation
- Originals and copies of your ID’s. Please refer to the I-9 Acceptable Documents page (PDF opens in a new window) for information on acceptable documents to support I-9 documentation. HR Staff must view these documents at orientation.
- Fingerprinting receipt to show proof of starting the process, if not attached to submitted New Hire Packet.
If any of the above steps are not complete, you will not be able to attend this open orientation.