Steps to Take Before Attending
- Submit the substitute teacher application
- Submit the reference link to at least two references (must be professional references).
- Attach transcripts, STEDI Certificate*, and/or Teaching License to your application.
- Have your fingerprinting complete for this position (see information contained in New Hire Packet PDF).
Are you exempt from taking the STEDI course by meeting one of the below requirements?
- Hold a Teaching License from any state (active or expired)
- Completed ninety semester college hours in a teaching preparation program
- Completed student teaching
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program in Education
- We require teachers who have an expired license by 10+ years to take the STEDI course if they have not worked in an education environment within the past 10-15 years.
- Formerly employed Williamson County Schools Teacher Assistants or Paraprofessionals who have been employed within the last 3 years and have left on good standing**.
** If you have been a former Williamson County Schools Teacher Assistant or Paraprofessional within the last 3 years and have left on good standing, your are exempt from taking the STEDI.
If you do not meet one of the above requirements, you will need to take the online STEDI course. The course is $39.95 and located at http://mylearning.stedi.org/product/subskills-online-training-course-2/. If you encounter any technical issues, please feel free to contact STEDI directly by e-mail or phone at email@example.com, or (800)-922-4693.
Documents to Bring to Orientation
- Print (single sided) and complete the New Hire Packet
- Fingerprinting receipt
- Originals and copies of your ID’s (see New Hire Packet information on acceptable documents)
- Voided check
- Copies of official transcripts, STEDI diploma, and/or verification of exemption (please see information above)
IF ANY OF THE ABOVE STEPS ARE NOT COMPLETE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THIS OPEN ORIENTATION
If you have any questions, please call 615-472-4007.