WCS Reopening Framework for Students and Families
Williamson County Schools (WCS) will start the 2020 - 2021 school on August 7 under Medium Community Spread with some students on campus and others remote. Superintendent Jason Golden announced the plan on July 23.
Check out the videos below to learn more about the WCS Reopening Framework.
Superintendent Jason Golden Reopening Framework News Conference
The video above has also been broken down into topics for easier navigation using the links below:
- Consultation with Health Officials
- Current Impact on Staffing
- Announcement of Plan for First Two Weeks
- Orientations, Open Houses, Extracurriculars and Sports
- County Mayor Rogers Anderson Says Wear Masks
- How Frequently Will the District Re-evaluate?
- WCS Online Decisions and Timing
- WCS Online Deadline
- Staffing for WCS Online
- Discussion of Staff Quarantine and Positive Cases
- Substitute Teachers
- Building Closures and Protocol
- Health Department Tracing Process
- Masks for Staff and Students
- Remote Learning Plan and Expectations
- Mask Requirements for Younger Children
- Possibility of Individual School Closures and District-wide Closures
- WCS Online Inquiry and Participation Numbers
- Concern for Teachers and Upcoming Challenges
- Statewide Testing, Waiver Requests and Flexibility
WCS Special Called Board Meeting - July 13, 2020
Facebook Session - Superintendent Jason Golden
Facebook Session – Elementary and Secondary Education
Facebook Session 1 – Special Education
Facebook Session 2 – Special Education
Facebook Session – WCS Online Program
Below are the side-by-side explanations for On-campus, Remote and Online School in WCS for 2020 - 2021.
For a full explanation of the WCS Online programming, please visit their page on our District site.
Reopening Framework FAQs
- Coronavirus statistics provided by the Williamson County Emergency Management Agency
- Area heat map provided by the Tennessee State Health Department showing COVID-19. Select "Mid-Cumberland" in the drop down box to view Williamson County.
- City of Brentwood COVID-19 Dashboard
Informational Snapshots for Parents
Our 2020 - 2021 school year reopening framework is available in English and Spanish.