WCS EC Peer Program
The Williamson County Schools Early Childhood (EC) Peer Program integrates students with disabilities with typically developing peer models. This program focuses on pre-academic, motor (gross and fine), language, social, and adaptive skills within the context of a preschool curriculum. It also teaches foundational skills for all children through the use of play, movement, music and other developmentally appropriate activities.
WCS is now accepting applications for peer models in the Early Childhood Programs for the 2020 – 2021 school year. As some of our peers return each year, there are limited openings in some classrooms. To apply, please contact the individuals listed in the table below at the school you wish to attend.
- To be eligible for Williamson County’s Early Childhood Program, children must be three, four or five-years-old and must reside in the Williamson County School zone, regardless of your employment status with Williamson County Schools.
- Children must be transported to and from school as EC peers are not eligible for WCS bus services.
- If you reside in Franklin Special School District or Maury County, your child is not eligible for the Williamson County Schools Early Childhood Program.
- This is not an application to the Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program.
- Attendance is not mandatory for preschool students; however, significant absences and tardiness for arrival/dismissal may result in forfeiting your child’s spot in the program.
EC Peer Program Contact Information
To apply for the Early Childhood Program as a peer model, contact the individuals listed in the table below at the school you wish to attend. You may select more than 1. You will first be considered for the site closest to your home but may be considered for other locations as spaces are available. Locations are subject to change as deemed necessary by WCS.
|Bethesda Elementary||Evangeline Tubb|
|Crockett Elementary||McKinley Blackie|
|Fairview Elementary||McKinley Blackie|
|Jordan Elementary||Kelly Pitsenberger|
|Longview Elementary||Mandy Peirick|
|Oak View Elementary||Jessica Van Vleet|
|Pearre Creek Elementary||Dara Burgess|
|Scales Elementary||Anne Lord|