Creating Confident Language Learners
Our Elementary World Language Program (EWLP) is based on a Foreign Language Exploratory model (FLEX). FLEX programs aim to give students a foundation for world language study while encouraging communication. Our Williamson County FLEX program will nurture speaking and listening skills while also helping students develop an appreciation of other cultures and customs.
EWLP Program Vision
The purpose of the Elementary World Language Program is reflected in Student Programming Goal 2 of the WCS School Board’s Strategic Plan: “to develop and implement a world language curriculum at the elementary, middle, and high school levels in order to increase fluency in a foreign language.”
EWLP Program Goals
The goals of the WCS Elementary World Language Program are aligned with the National Standards for Foreign Language Education and the Tennessee Elementary Modern Language Standards Kindergarten through Fifth Grade.
- Communicate in languages other than English
- Gain Knowledge and Understanding of Other Cultures
- Connect with Other Disciplines and Acquire Information
- Develop Insight into the Nature of Language and Culture
- Participate in Multicultural Communities at Home and around the World