International Baccalaureate Program in WCS
Franklin High School is the first school in the State of Tennessee to offer the IB diploma. Both the Middle Years Program (MYP) and the Diploma Program (DP) are offered at FHS. While MYP is embedded in all 9th and 10th grade courses, students in DP must apply and be accepted. The IB program serves not only the academically talented but also the highly motivated student.
IB Provides Students:
- An international perspective on education.
- Active learning involving critical thinking, independent research and verbal communication.
- Interdisciplinary and intradisciplinary group and individual projects.
- Requirement of involvement in extracurricular activities, both school and community.
- Admission and scholarship opportunities at prestigious universities.
- College credit at many universities
To learn more about IB classes, we invite parents and students to view the presentation from our IB Orientation. For information about the Diploma Programme contact Ray Scheetz or Leigh Tansey. For information about the Middle Years Programme contact Ashley Flood.