Spring 2021 Registration
Student registration for the Spring semester will begin October 5 for students who want to transition from traditional learning to the Online program, who want to transition from the Online program to traditional learning, or who are enrolled in Online and want to remain Online. Please visit our Spring 2021 Registration page for more information and to get answers to some frequently asked questions.
Below are the Williamson County School (WCS) registration and enrollment forms for the 2020 – 2021 school year. Select the category that best suits your family’s needs below to view the appropriate enrollment documents. A child entering kindergarten shall be no less than five (5) years of age on or before August 15 of the current year.
Additional Requirements to Enroll a Child in Williamson County Schools
The primary residential parent or legal guardian (custody guidelines found below) must register the student at the school location. All forms indicated in the Enrollment Checklist that best fits your family are required at the time of enrollment. High School registration requires an appointment with the school’s counseling department in order to schedule your child’s classes. Additional items required are as follows:
- Copy of certified birth certificate
- School records or address to request transcripts
- Immunization and physical exam requirements
- ALL immunizations need to be on a Tennessee Immunization Form
If transferring from another Tennessee public school, a copy of the Tennessee School Immunization Certificate must be presented to the school at time of enrollment. If a copy of the form is not available at the time of registration, the state law permits a 30-day waiting period for the original to be sent from the previous Tennessee public school. If not received after the 30-day period, it will be the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian to obtain a current Tennessee School Immunization Certificate.
If transferring from an out-of-state school, private, or parochial school, an original Tennessee School Immunization Certificate form is required at the time of registration. This immunization certificate may be obtained from a private physician or any medical facility, such as the Williamson County Health Department. The Health Department is located at 1324 West Main Street in Franklin and is next door to the Williamson County Administrative Complex where the Williamson County School Board office is located. Their office hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM and their phone number is 615-794-1542.
Custody or court-ordered parenting plan documents must be provided at the time of registration in cases of legal custodial, shared parenting, or guardianship placements.
A student cannot attend school without the enrolling party providing a Parenting Plan or proof of guardianship. The legal residence of a student is defined as the domicile of the student’s primary residential parent (court order 1999 and after) or the parent with custody and where the student stays overnight (court order prior to 1999).
Students are enrolled based on the primary residential parent’s address.
- Full Custody: Copy of legal custody papers or Parenting Plan.
- Guardianship or Temporary Custody: Copy of legal custody papers or Parenting Plan.
- Joint Custody: Copy of legal custody papers including a copy of the Parenting Plan that has been signed by a judge and notarized.
- Parents Married Not Living Together but no Legal Separation: School is determined by where the child resides overnight. Parent must reside in Williamson County.
- Parents Not Married and Not Living Together: A certified copy of birth certificate showing legality of parent and parent’s photo ID is required for enrollment. Mother is the default custodian if there are no court documents stating otherwise.
- Whereabouts of One Parent Unknown: A certified copy of birth certificate showing legality of parent and parent’s photo ID is required for enrollment.