WCS Early Childhood Peer Program
The Williamson County Schools (WCS) Early Childhood (EC) Peer Program integrates students with disabilities with typically developing peer models. This program focuses on pre-academic, motor (gross and fine), language, social, and adaptive skills within the context of a preschool curriculum. It also teaches foundational skills for all children through the use of play, movement, music, and other developmentally appropriate activities.
WCS is now accepting applications for peer models in the Early Childhood Programs for the 2020 – 2021 school year. As some of our peers return each year, there are limited openings in some classrooms. To apply, please contact the individuals listed in the table below at the school you wish to attend.
Classes start Monday, August 17, 2020 and meet on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Two sessions are available: 8:50 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. and 12:50 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.
Currently there is no charge for the EC Peer Program.
To be eligible for WCS's Early Childhood Program:
- Children must be three, four or five-years-old and must reside in the WCS zones, regardless of your employment status with Williamson County Schools.
- Children must be transported to and from school as EC peers are not eligible for WCS bus services.
- If you reside in Franklin Special School District or Maury County, your child is not eligible for the WCS Early Childhood Program.
- This is not an application to the Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program.
- Attendance is not mandatory for preschool students; however, significant absences and tardiness for arrival/dismissal may result in forfeiting your child’s spot in the program.
Early Childhood Peer Program Contact Information
To apply for the Early Childhood Program as a peer model, contact the individuals listed in the table below at the school you wish to attend. You may select more than one. You will first be considered for the site closest to your home but may be considered for other locations as spaces are available. Locations are subject to change as deemed necessary by WCS.