WCS Early Childhood Peer Program
The Williamson County Schools (WCS) Early Childhood (EC) Peer Program integrates students with disabilities with typically developing peer models. This program focuses on the pre-academic, motor (gross and fine), language, social, and adaptive skills within the context of a preschool curriculum. It also teaches foundational skills for all children through the use of play, movement, music, and other developmentally appropriate activities.
WCS will be accepting applications for peer models in the Early Childhood Programs for the 2023 – 2024 school year soon. As some of our peers return each year, there are limited openings in some classrooms. To apply, please complete the application. If you have questions about a particular site, please contact the individuals listed in the table below.
Classes start Monday, August 14, 2023 and meet on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Two sessions are available: 8:50 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. and 12:50 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.
Currently, there is no charge for the EC Peer Program.
Early Childhood Application 2023 - 2024
If your child is currently enrolled as an EC student, you are not required to complete the application
Please note you will need to enter your name and email address in order to open the application. If possible, use Google Chrome when completing the form in order for the format to work properly.
To be eligible for WCS's Early Childhood Program:
- Children must be three, four or five-years-old and must reside in the WCS zones, regardless of your employment status with Williamson County Schools.
- Children must be transported to and from school as EC peers are not eligible for WCS bus services.
- If you reside in Franklin Special School District or neighboring counties, your child is not eligible for the WCS Early Childhood Program.
- This is not an application to the Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program.
- Attendance is not mandatory for preschool students; however, significant absences and tardiness for arrival/dismissal may result in forfeiting your child’s spot in the program.
Early Childhood Peer Program Contact Information
To apply for the Early Childhood Program as a peer model, the 2023-2024 will be available soon. If you have questions about a specific school, contact the individuals listed in the table below. You may select more than one. You will first be considered for the site closest to your home, but may be considered for other locations as spaces are available. Locations are subject to change as deemed necessary by WCS.
CDC Milestones for ages 2 months to 5 years of age: If you have concerns regarding your child's development, please contact the WCS Child Find department at 615-472-4130.