International Baccalaureate Program
Franklin High School is an IB World School. After becoming the first school in the state to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program in 2000, FHS has focused on expanding its IB course offerings and benefitting students through both full-program and course-completion opportunities. IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education—that we believe is important for our students. The Diploma Program is specifically focused on providing a top-quality, well-rounded education for highly-motivated, college-bound students. With the Diploma Program encompasses students' 11th and 12th grade experiences, students are invited to apply for pre-IB status for the 9th and 10th grades, which involves placement in a specialized pre-IB section of honors English and involvement in regular pre-IB lunch meetings with the program coordinators. Both the Diploma Program and pre-IB pathways are available to WCS students by application.
IB Provides Students:
- An international perspective on education.
- Active learning involving critical thinking, independent research and verbal communication.
- Interdisciplinary and intradisciplinary group and individual projects.
- Requirement of involvement in extracurricular activities, both school and community.
- Admission and scholarship opportunities at prestigious universities.
- College credit at many universities
To learn more about IB classes, including the application process, please watch the videos presented by Franklin High School. For information about the Diploma Programme contact Ray Scheetz or Leigh Tansey.