Working for Williamson County Schools
The mission of the Williamson County Schools Human Resources Department is to build a culture of exceptional support by maintaining competitive standards through strategic partnerships, collaboration, recruitment, retention, and development of our diverse workforce. Working within Williamson County Schools is challenging, rewarding and fulfilling. District job listings change frequently, so those interested in applying should check vacancies often. Applicants are encouraged to learn as much as possible about the district.
Are you a reference for someone applying to WCS?
Please fill out the Online Reference Check form below only if you have been advised to do so by WCS personnel.
Contact: Human Resources Department | (615) 472-4050
Steps to Apply
Applicants must have the following to be considered for a certified position with Williamson County Schools:
- A completed online Williamson County Schools Certificated Application
- At least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Attach a copy of transcripts to application.
- A valid Tennessee teaching license for the level and/or subject area related to the position. If an interested applicant holds a Tennessee teaching license, please scan and attach a copy to the application. If the applicant does not hold a Tennessee teaching license, he or she must meet eligibility requirements. Requirements can be seen on the TN Department of Education website.
- Be “Highly Qualified” in the core teaching subject area being applied for
- Passing Praxis Scores in Content Area (please attach)
- Degree in Content Area (this applies to middle/high teachers only
- A completed online Gallup Teacher Insight Assessment (if required)
Applicants must have the following to be considered for a classified or support position:
- The minimum qualifications for the position you are seeking
- A completed online Williamson County Schools Classified Application
- Attach transcripts (if applicable)
All applications must be complete with all applicable blanks completed. A resume is not a substitute for the application, but may be attached to your application. Should there be a vacancy in your field; administrators will contact the most qualified applicants on file for interviews. Please continue to check our website for an updated list of vacancies. Your application will be active for three years from the date of the application. At the end of that time, you will need to update your online application if you have a continued interest in positions with Williamson County Schools.