2009-2010 Bus Route Information
Published July 30, 2009
Attention parents! Individual bus routes for the 2009-10 school year are posted on the Williamson County Schools web site. This LINK will help you determine the available bus stops for your child.
Type in the street address and choose the appropriate grade level; then select the school code for the closest bus stop information. If the bus stop seems too far away please call either the transportation office at 472-4952 or Allison Nunley at 472-4111.
“The Web Query software, which identifies school zones and bus information by street address, works with our Edulog bus routing software and is updated nightly for the most accurate and complete information,” said Nunley, Edulog specialist. Nunley says citizens may obtain bus route and school zone information 24 hours a day, seven days a week on the website. These routes are current and will not change before the first day of school on August 13, so Nunley encourages parents to locate their child's route information as early as possible.
Bus transportation is provided to more than 18,000 students who travel to and from school each day. The district employs approximately 200 bus drivers.
Safety, both on and off the bus, continues to be a focus of the transportation department. All buses are inspected before the school year begins and throughout the school year, and drivers are trained throughout the school year. All buses are equipped with camera boxes, and cameras which are used for videotaping are located on most of the buses.
The following bus rules/regulations are provided to ensure the safest, most enjoyable and efficient transportation for students:
- Students should be at the bus stop at least five minutes before the bus arrives. Buses operate on a tight schedule.
- While waiting at the bus stop, students should wait on the sidewalk, driveway, or as far off the traveled portion of the road as possible.
- Students should wait in an orderly manner and wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before approaching the bus.
- If it is necessary to cross the street or roadway, students should wait until the driver signals them to cross, and they should cross the street or roadway 10-15 feet in front of the bus to ensure that the driver sees them.
- Students should enter the bus single file and be seated as quickly as possible.
- Upon leaving the bus, wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before standing to exit. Standing is not permitted on a moving bus.
- Exit the bus single file in an orderly manner and walk away from the bus.
- Upon leaving the bus, if a student needs to cross the roadway, he/she should walk approximately 10-15 feet in front of the bus so the driver can see the student. Students should not cross until the driver signals to do so.
- The school bus driver shall be responsible for the order and conduct of the pupils transported.
- The school bus driver has the authority to assign seats.
- Students should obey promptly and willingly any reasonable directive of the driver.
- Students may only bring items on the bus that can be held in their lap. No item may block the aisle of the bus. No live animals, balloons or glass containers will be allowed on the bus. The driver will have control as to what will be allowed to be brought on the bus for the safety of the students.