Athletic Department Mission Statement
Brentwood High School creates a positive educational environment that challenges students to improve daily, build a quality team, and prepare for lifelong learning through the lessons of athletics.
Our athletic programs are an extension of the classroom in that we strive to teach not just the technique of the sport, but also the intangibles that sports provide for your entire life. We want our athletes to
- improve in some way every day
- help build and be part of a quality program that fosters strong life-long relationships and achievements that they, the school, and the community can be proud of
- learn and understand the value in a good work-ethic, fairness, caring for teammates, discipline, self-motivation, goal-setting, etc. that will stay with them the rest of their lives.
Athletic Department Core Values
- Respect: We practice, compete, and treat others with class while choosing to put the team before ourselves.
- Enthusiasm: We strive to have fun, focus on success, and find joy in both our athletic endeavors and lives.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and hold those within our program to the same high standard.
- Perseverance: We are steadfast in our pursuit of excellence through all seasons of life. We learn from adversity, and finish what we start.
- Excellence: We expect the best from our coaches, athletes, parents, and all those involved with our program every day.
The Student Athlete
As Bruin athletes, students will make a commitment to themselves, teammates and the athletic program to follow the expectations of being an athlete. Brentwood High offers a wide variety of sports in fall, winter, and spring seasons. Learn more about Williamson County Schools Interscholastic Athletics, complete required electronic athletic forms in order to participate in athletics, or for specific information on tryouts for various sports, please contact the head coach. Anyone trying out or participating in a sport must have a physical form on file with the athletic office. A $100 athletic fee must be paid through SchoolCashOnline in order for an athlete to participate in the following school sports: Boys/Girls Cross Country, Boys/Girls Golf, Football, Girls Soccer, Volleyball, Cheer, Boys/Girls Bowling, Boys/Girls Basketball, Boys/Girls Wrestling, Mat Girl, Baseball, Boys Soccer, Softball, Boys/Girls Tennis, Boys/Girls Track.
2022-23 Signing Dates
Any athlete planning to sign with a college must see Melissa Gerlach in the athletic office two weeks prior to the college signing day to fill out a signing sheet. Any questions about college signing days can be directed to the athletic office at (615) 472-4238.
- November 9, 2022
- December 21, 2022 - Early signing day for football only.
- February 1, 2023
- April 12, 2023 - Last official school signing.
The Bruin Athletic Club (BAC)
The mission of the Brentwood High School Bruins Athletic Club (ABC) is to improve BHS athletic facilities for the benefit of our student athletes, coaches and fans. We work to promote and enhance the athletic experience of our student athletes by working in collaboration with the school athletic department and individual sports.
We ask BHS families to support the efforts of the Bruins Athletics Club by becoming a member of BAC. We are offering (4) levels of membership -White, Blue, Gold and Ultra. Please explore the BAC Goals, BAC Levels of Memberships, and BAC Application for more information.
Adidas ECOM Partnership Program
Williamson County Schools has teamed up with Adidas in their ECOM Partnership Program. The program offers discount codes specific to each school and Adidas donates 10% of the total spent back to the selected school as a fundraiser. Find your school’s discount code and start shopping today!
Our student, adult, family, and premium athletic passes are available for purchase on SchoolCashOnline. Our athletic passes will be electronic this year.
Please Note: All athletic passes, athletic fees, and tickets to athletic events will only be offered through SchoolCashOnline. We will be paperless and cashless again this year.
The following passes are offered.
- Family Pass---$300, 2 adults passes and up to 5 student passes for siblings only
- Premium Pass--$140, includes one adult pass and an NFHS network subscription. You will be emailed a code to use for the NFHS network.
These passes will get you in to all regular season home games. They do not include any play-off games.
If your child plays a TSSAA sport, when you pay their athletic fee, they receive a student pass as a perk. So, pay that athletic fee as soon as possible so they can begin using their student athletic pass.
If you have any questions, please email Melissa Gerlach.
BHS Athletic Department Staff
Assistant Athletic Director