Summit High Media Center
The mission of Summit High School’s Library Media Center is to support the learning process by providing a wide range of resources that will give each student an opportunity to achieve academic success. We assist students, teachers and staff in becoming effective users of information, foster a love of reading and partner with teachers to teach information literacy skills.
- Select and organize materials for research projects
- Assist students in finding appropriate materials
- Provide multi-media resources for students and teachers
- Train students and staff in information literacy skills
- Maintain the library’s print, electronic and multimedia collection
- Develop the library’s collection to represent current and authoritative information
- Collaborate with teachers to plan and implement lessons, incorporating technology whenever possible
- Choose quality, appropriate and contemporary materials for pleasure reading
- Students leaving a study hall or class will bring a pass to the circulation desk from the teacher that includes: student name, teacher name, date and time.
- Students will sign in on a computer at the circulation desk that will provide a roster in the event of an emergency.