Welcome to Franklin High
Franklin High School is part of the Williamson County School District in Middle Tennessee and is located approximately 20 minutes south of Nashville, TN. Our district is a large area consisting of 562 square miles and Franklin High is within walking distance of Historic Downtown Franklin. The renovated FHS Claude Yates Annex has added 16 additional classrooms to the main building, which opened in 2006.
Franklin High was recently named a Reward School and U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings lists the school as the #9 comprehensive high school in Tennessee. Faculty and staff look forward to seeing you in the upcoming school year, sharing our long-held traditions and creating new traditions to continue over our next 100 years.
Anchored in Tradition
In 1910, Franklin High School opened its doors to the students of Williamson County with two teachers and twenty students. Over 100 years later, Franklin has grown to almost 1,800 students and over 100 faculty and staff. We celebrate our past as the Pioneers and the Rebels as we begin a new era as the Admirals. We take great pride in the tradition of excellence that began in 1910 and continues today in our Academic, Arts and Athletic programs.
Franklin High School Motto
Our motto, “A Tradition of Excellence”, is evident by the success of our students in academics, the arts, and athletics. Our mission is to provide an engaging environment that challenges everyone to reach their full potential and become lifelong learners who are responsible, respectful, contributing members of the local and global communities.
Franklin High School Beliefs
- All students can learn.
- Students are individuals with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Students should take responsibility for their learning and behavior.
- Students benefit from a variety of instructional approaches.
- Classroom instruction relates curriculum to real-world experiences.
- Student success is celebrated through diverse academic and extra-curricular activities.
- An effective school combines the efforts of administrators, students, faculty, staff, parents, and the community to develop policy and make important decisions.
- Student achievement and understanding is measured through a variety of assessments.
- Every student has a right to attend school in a safe environment and an atmosphere conducive to learning.
School Hours and Bell Schedules
Late Start Days
Late Start with “Anchor” Schedule
Regular Schedule – Tuesday Through Friday
Half Day Schedule