We are the Explorers
At Edmondson Elementary School, we are all explorers. The students and staff are always learning, searching for new opportunities, and working together to make Edmondson the best school it can be. We use our school colors, blue and green, to show our spirit of exploration in everything we do and journey beyond the walls of Edmondson as we continue to learn and grow.
History of Edmondson Elementary School
Edmondson Elementary School is a public, suburban elementary school located in the beautiful hills of Brentwood, Tennessee. Brentwood borders Nashville to the south. The school is one of twenty-seven elementary schools in the Williamson County School System and was completed for the beginning of the 1995-1996 school year. The purpose of our school is to involve students in meaningful learning experiences that develop individuals who are empowered to succeed in an innovative, constantly changing, and information-based society. The Edmondson Team includes administrators, teachers, professional support personnel, teacher assistants, office personnel, cafeteria staff, and custodial staff. Many volunteers have worked endless hours to install our nature trail, amphitheater, and our outdoor classroom. We wanted to make it possible for all teachers at Edmondson to extend learning opportunities outside the school building. Our incredibly supportive PTO has provided out school with state of the art technology and resources that help make Edmondson one of the premiere elementary schools in the state. We have a great team here at Edmondson!
Our School’s Mission and Vision
The mission of Edmondson Elementary School is to support the Williamson County Schools mission of becoming a district recognized nationally for students who excel in academics, the arts, and athletics.
Edmondson Elementary School is a student–focused community fostering creativity and exploration, empowering students to be responsible citizens in a global society.
- Design and deliver learning opportunities with student strengths, interests and needs in mind.
- Partner with the community to create a positive, caring and safe school climate.
- Challenge the school community to engage in a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Foster individual interest in creativity and the related arts.
- Encourage student wonder and inquiry through technology driven instruction and hands-on experiences.
- Utilize positive behavior intervention and logical consequences to support student growth.
- Expose our students to the world through intentional outreach with the community.