Becoming a Student Teacher in WCS
Williamson County Schools is delighted to have students enrolled in accredited education programs apply to student teach, observe, intern, or fulfill practicum requirements in our district.
Williamson County Schools Student Teaching Process.
- All interested students (regardless of placement type) should proceed to our “Careers” section and apply for the Student Teacher Position (9999-1) listed under job vacancies. Once the student has completed the online application he/she will be prompted to take the Gallup Teacher Insight Assessment. Only those students applying for student teaching positions are required to submit the Gallup. Students applying for observations, counseling or OT/PT internships or practicums are not required to submit the Gallup. The application and the assessment must be complete before a student can be considered for placement.
- WCS requires that interested applicants meet a certain criteria for placement approval. This approval will be granted by the Central Office Student Teacher Coordinator (District Coordinator) listed below.
- Initially, the College/University Coordinator should contact our District Coordinator to secure placement for a student(s). Students should not reach out to principals directly unless they have been formally approved and told that it’s acceptable to contact the principal. Most placements will be arranged by the District Coordinator and the College/University Coordinator.
- Ultimately school principals have the final decision on placements within their building.
- Please contact our District Coordinator with any questions.
Thank you for your interest in Williamson County Schools!