How to Become a Substitute Teacher
- Submit the substitute teacher application.
- Send the reference link to two professional references. They will need to complete it and submit it on your behalf.
- Complete the New Hire Packet.
- Complete the fingerprinting process.
- Complete the online substitute training (STEDI) course. You do not have to take this course if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold an active Teaching License from any state
- Are currently enrolled in a Master’s program in Education
- Hold an expired teaching license from any state that expired within the last 10 years.
- Have completed ninety semester college hours in a teaching preparation program within the last 3 years
- Have completed student teaching within the last 3 years
Former Williamson County School teacher assistants who worked within the last three years and have left in good standing.
- New Hire Packet should be submitted electronically by attaching it to your application.
- Apply and complete the paperwork before the listed paperwork deadline.
You will receive an email invitation to the next scheduled orientation. Further instruction will be provided in that email.