How to Become a Substitute Teacher
- Submit the online Substitute Teacher application.
- Attach any teaching licenses you may have.
- Attach all official college transcripts or a high school diploma (this helps to determine your pay rate).
- Send the reference link to two professional references. One reference must be from a former supervisor. The references will need to complete the online form and submit it on your behalf.
- Complete the New Hire Packet and attach the completed forms to your online application.
- Complete the fingerprinting process and attach the receipt to your online application. (Instructions can also be found in the New Hire Packet.)
- Complete the online substitute training (STEDI) course with a score of 85% or higher and attach the certificate of completion to your online application. If you match any of the exemptions listed below and have attached proof of the exemption to your online application, you may bypass this step:
- Have a current/active teaching license from any state
- Are currently enrolled in a teaching preparation master’s program in Education
- Have an expired teaching license from any state that expired within the last 10 years
- Have completed 90 or more semester college credit hours in a teaching preparation program within the last three years
- Have completed student teaching within the last three years
- Former Williamson County Schools teacher assistants who have worked within the last three years and left in good standing
All steps must be completed with all paperwork attached to your application prior to the deadline listed below to be considered for that orientation. Invitations to orientation will be sent to those with completed applications approximately one week prior to the orientation date.