Franklin High Academic Information
Franklin High School strives to provide meaningful challenges that push students to maximize their abilities to propel them to their next steps in life. A wide range of high quality programs are offered to help students maximize their abilities, including Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, College, Career and Technical Education, ACT Prep, Academic Intervention, and Freshmen Academy.
FHS offers over 20 Advanced Placement courses—from AP Human Geography to AP Art & Design to AP Computer Science—for students who are motivated and have shown academic promise to pursue college-level studies while still in high school.
Advanced Placement Courses Can Help Students:
- Stand out in college admissions—taking an Advanced Placement course is a sign students are ready for college
- Earn college credits—colleges nationwide offer credit, advanced placement or both for qualifying exam scores, which can save time and money
- Skip introductory classes—students can move directly to upper-level and major-specific courses
- Build college skills and confidence—from problem solving to time management and more
- Pursue interests—students can dig deeper into subjects they want to learn about
To learn more about AP classes please take time to view the presentation from the FHS College Planning/Parent Night. Friday, November 1, 2019 is the deadline to register and pay for AP exams. Read the AP Program Informational Letter for details and instructions on taking an AP course and payment information about the AP exams. To see exact times and dates please see the schedule for AP exams.