The International Baccalaureate Programme
Franklin High School is an IB World School. After becoming the first school in the state to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program in 2000, FHS added the IB Middle Years Program in December 2019. IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education—that we believe is important for our students. While MYP will be embedded in all 9th and 10th grade courses, students in DP must apply and be accepted. The IB Programme serves not only the academically talented but also the highly motivated student.
IB Provides Students:
- An international perspective on education.
- Active learning involving critical thinking, independent research and verbal communication.
- Interdisciplinary and intra-disciplinary group and individual projects.
- Requirement of involvement in extracurricular activities, both school and community.
- Admission and scholarship opportunities at prestigious universities.
- College credit at many universities
Upcoming Informational Meetings
- A Pre-DP Informational Meeting will be held at Franklin High School in the library on January 9, 2020 at 6:00 P.M. Current Diploma program students and parents will discuss their experiences and answer questions. There will be a Pre-DP informational presentation and an opportunity for a tour of the school.
- An IB Diploma Program Informational Meeting for Sophomores will be held in the library on January 16, 2020 at 6:00 P.M. At this meeting, there will be a presentation outlining the Diploma Program at FHS and going over the Application Process.
- For more information about meetings held at local middle schools please check the FAQs below.