Seeking Guidance for Opportunities
The Fairview High School Counseling Department is dedicated to assisting all students in reaching their full potential. Our school counselors address the diverse needs of all students by helping them to acquire competencies in college and career readiness, knowledge of self and others, and social and emotional development. They provide guidance with academic achievement such as high school course selection, time management skills, and graduation requirements. Counselors assist students in developing realistic educational and career plans based on a clear understanding of themselves, their needs, interests, skills, and the realities and possibilities of the worlds of education and the workplace.
Through the Counseling Center, students can draw on various resources, including frequent visits by college representatives, a library of college guides, scholarship information, financial aid, and standardized testing. Programs sponsored by the Counseling Center include Williamson County College Fair, Financial Aid Night, Fairview High School College Night, and New Student Orientation.
Where do I find it?
College Career Planning
- Athletes—information for students who want to play sports at the collegiate level.
- College Applications—list of websites to help in planning and applying for colleges.
- Financial Aid/Scholarships—inform counselors of scholarship offers, links to financial aid websites, scholarship lists, and sites that match students to scholarships and grants.
- Tennessee Resources—Tennessee colleges and universities, scholarships, and transfer pathways.
- Transcripts/Diplomas—forms to obtain Fairview High School transcripts or duplicate diplomas.
- Comprehensive list of courses offered by department.
- Organization of the school year and a typical school day.
- Different levels of courses offered.
- Graduation requirements/credits and a list of elective focus areas.
High School Planning
- Academic Support—academic intervention, math tutor, and homework hotline.
- Credit Recovery—description of credit recovery and subject areas, link to credit recovery contract.
- Grade Level Information—information to insure all students will be successful at FHS.
- Graduation Requirements—different pathways to graduation, various types of diplomas and CCTE
- Registration—information on registering for courses for the next school year.
- Volunteer—volunteer opportunities, the commendation of Diploma with Volunteerism, and forms to log hours.
Sept 16-20: College App Week
Sept 10: College Fair 6:00 pm at Williamson Co. Ag Exp Center
Oct 1: FAFSA opens – www.fafsa.gov
Oct 1: ACT retake at FvHS for Seniors
Oct 16: PSAT
Oct 21: Delivery of TN Promise manual at 1:30
Oct 22: FAFSA night – Seniors only (5:30-7:30)
Oct 26: Saturday ACT at FVHS – registration deadline Sept 20th
Nov 1: TN Promise app deadline
Nov 2: SENIORS can begin TNPromise community service hours
Jan 15: FAFSA DAY – all day
Jan 22: Registration begins
Feb 1: FAFSA deadline for Promise
Feb 8: Saturday ACT at FvHS – Registration deadline Jan 10th
Mar 31: ACT (Juniors) and College Visit/Job Shadow day (Seniors)
April 6: 2nd TN Promise meeting-5:30 (MANDATORY-Student MUST attend)
May 4-15: AP test window
April 13- May 24: TN Ready window
May 21: Graduation Practice at Williamson Co. Ag Expo Center. 12:00 pm
May 22: Graduation 7:00 pm