Fairview High School Counseling Center
The Fairview High School Counseling Department is dedicated to assisting all students in reaching their full potential. Our school counselors address the diverse needs of all students by helping them to acquire competencies in college and career readiness, knowledge of self and others, and social and emotional development. They provide guidance with academic achievement such as high school course selection, time management skills, and graduation requirements. Counselors assist students in developing realistic educational and career plans based on a clear understanding of themselves, their needs, interests, skills, and the realities and possibilities of the worlds of education and the workplace.
Through the Counseling Center, students can draw on various resources, including frequent visits by college representatives, a library of college guides, scholarship information, financial aid, and standardized testing. Programs sponsored by the Counseling Center include Williamson County College Fair, Financial Aid Night, FvHS College Night, and New Student Orientation.
Where do I find it?
College Career Planning
- Athletes—information for students who want to play sports at the collegiate level.
- College Apps—list of websites to help in planning and applying for colleges.
- Financial Aid/Scholarships—inform counselors of scholarship offers, links to financial aid websites, scholarship lists, and sites that match students to scholarships and grants.
- Tennessee Resources—Tennessee colleges and universities, scholarships, and transfer pathways.
- Transcripts/Diplomas—forms to obtain FHS transcripts or duplicate diplomas.
- Comprehensive list of courses offered at FHS by department.
- Organization of the school year and a typical school day.
- Different levels of courses offered at FHS.
- Graduation requirements/credits and a list of elective focus areas.
High School Planning
- Academic Support—academic intervention, math tutor, and homework hotline.
- Credit Recovery—description of credit recovery and subject areas, link to credit recovery contract.
- Grade Level Information—information to insure all students will be successful at FHS.
- Graduation Requirements—different pathways to graduation, various types of diplomas and CCTE cluster areas.
- Registration—information on registering for courses for the next school year.
- Volunteer—volunteer opportunities, the commendation of Diploma with Volunteerism, and forms to log hours.
New information coming soon!
Registration is happening in February 2019!
Look for sign up sheets in the counseling office.