“We are excited for the upcoming 2017 Cross Country Season. We are going to get start on Wednesday, August 2nd in the high school cafeteria with a short meeting to share information. We will start practice Thursday, August 3rd at Bowie Park from 3 to 4. I have attached a tentative practice schedule for August and the updated meet schedule. I will share more information about the Jamboree and other meets at the meeting and throughout the season. Here is a list of things athletes and parents can do to help me in preparation for the upcoming season:
1) Please share this information with other parents and athletes who are interested.
2) If you are the parent of an athlete who wants to run, please email me with the name and grade of the athlete.
3) All athletes will need a current sports physical on file at the school before they are allowed to participate. If you have not done this yet, please get this done so you can start on the 3rd.
4) All athletes and parents need to be registered through our online system FinalForms. Some of you have used this system and will need to update some information. For others, you will need to create an account. FinalForms information can be found on our schools website under the athletics tab/ athletic info and forms.
5) There is a $100 dollar athletic fee that can be paid online. Information can be found on our school website.
6) Athletes should be running on their own. Drinking lots of water! Drinking lots of water! Then drinking more water!”
|August 10||Thur.||Dickson Jamboree||Buckner Park|
|August 17||Thur.||MSCCA Meet-Fairview||Bowie Park|
|August 26||Sat.||Voyles Classic||Sharp Springs Park|
|September 7||Thur.||MSCCA Meet-Fairview||Bowie Park|
|September 22||Fri.||MSCCA Meet-Dickson||Buckner Park|
|October 10||Tue.||MSCCA Meet-Spring Hill||Ring Farm|
|October 14||Sat.||MSCCA Championships||Buckner Park|
|October 26||Thur.||TSSAA Regional Championship||Steeplechase|
|November 4||Sat.||TSSAA State Championship||Steeplechase|