Grassland’s News and Upcoming Events
Grassland Elementary School is proud of its well developed communication system between school and home. Be sure to regularly check e-mail for important information from the office and your child’s teacher. The office may also send important information via phone call-outs to your cell and home phones. Additionally, GES teachers send home backpack mail that includes student’s work and notices. Be sure and check all these means of communication, including the below news briefs, often for the latest information.
News Briefs – Updated March 26, 2020
We are so thankful for our amazing teachers and staff as we continue to serve our families with everyone’s best interest at heart. As one GES family, we stand united. As promised, we are providing accurate updates during these unprecedented times. Your children and their safety are our first priority. Governor Lee has closed all Tennessee schools through April 24th.
- On Thursday evening, March 26, 2020, Williamson County families can access updated optional instructional resources at: Student Resources
- These resources serve strictly as practice and review.
- Teachers will gladly respond directly through email to guide you through the Williamson County instructional resources. Although direct instruction will not be provided, we will certainly assist with suggestions to help your family through this difficult time. Please know that our staff, like you, is caring for their own family.
- It is important to note that much of the instructional material provided in the packets can be completed by students without printing.
- However, if you would like a printed copy and cannot print from home, instructional resource packets will be available at Grassland Elementary on Friday, March 27 from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thank you for respecting and honoring the distribution of the printed packets for families who do not have technology access at home.
- For the health and safety of our staff and families, packets will be placed in labeled grade level bins. Please practice social distancing as you pick up a packet. If we run out of packets, we will let you know when packets are available.