Hillsboro’s Mission Statement
Hillsboro Elementary Middle School provides a multi-disciplinary approach to learning that incorporates the arts, academics, and athletics. We promote life-long learning. We cultivate ability, intellect, and character by empowering students to become productive and responsible citizens of the twenty-first century.
Hillsboro’s Vision Statement
The vision of Hillsboro School, parents, and community is to work together to promote success for all students now and in the future.
- All children can learn, achieve, and accomplish any goal.
- High standards and expectations must be maintained throughout the school community.
- All students must have the opportunity for high quality education in the least restrictive environment.
- Respect and tolerance for each individual is fundamental to teaching and learning.
- The value of varied cultures, ethnic groups, and socioeconomic must be emphasized and appreciated in the educational process.
- Parent, family, community, and business engagement is critical for students to succeed.
- Our school must be safe, civil, clean, and drug-free.
- Quality faculty and other staff are essential to school excellence.
- Students must be active participants in learning experiences.
- The value of the arts and technology must be emphasized and integrated into the educational process.
- Our students must learn to provide services without tangible rewards in order to be positive and productive global citizens.
- It is our responsibility to ensure students have critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and can apply real-world application skills.