Do you want to help students realize their potential and make the transition from high school to college?
Then apply to become a tnAchieves mentor. As a mentor, you will serve as a resource to students as they pursue a post-secondary experience.
According to the tnAchieves website, mentors typically invest 10 to 15 hours annually assisting anywhere from five to 10 high school seniors. The program will also provide training to mentors who do not have experience working in education.
What will you do as a tnAchieves mentor?
- Complete an application.
- Choose a preferred high school.
- Complete a one-hour training session.
- Attend two one-hour meetings with your students.
- Communicate with students every two weeks via email, phone or text as they transition from high school to college.
To become a tnAchieves mentor, you must…
- Be 21 years or older.
- Apply online by November 20, 2015.
- Be subject to a background check.
- Complete mandatory mentor training by February 15, 2016.
- Attend mandatory high school team meeting in March or April.
- Attend mandatory college team meeting in September.
Fill out an application here: www.tnachieves.org/mentor-application.