T-Rac and Ramble Visit Scales Elementary

What’s the best way to start a Thursday morning? With a visit from the Tennessee Titan’s mascot, T-Rac, of course.

“Since it’s Spirit Week, I decided to reach out to one of my Titans cheerleader friends and see if the Titans would come out to do their show for us,” third grade teacher Meghan Womack said.

T-Rac stopped by Scales Elementary to promote the Play 60 campaign and encourage the students to be active each day. Ramble, the official mascot of the Tennessee State Parks, also made an appearance to make sure students knew that organized sports weren’t the only way to stay moving. Ramble and his park ranger friend talked about all the fun activities available in Tennessee’s state parks.

Along with encouraging physical activity, T-Rac and his friends also shared the importance of healthy eating and getting enough sleep.

“To have all those kids just enthralled was just so cute,” Womack said. “It’s so much better than having their teachers stand up in front of them. I think it’s great to have special guests like T-Rac come in and share their message. I definitely think the kids will remember it.”

September 27th, 2018|Categories: Elementary, Photos|Tags: , , , |