Academic All-Star – Sydney Padgitt, Crockett Elementary

• Crockett Elementary student Sydney Padgitt holds her award certificate

Teachers at Crockett Elementary School say fifth grader Sydney Padgitt’s eagerness to succeed is second to none.

That is why she was chosen as the school’s Academic All-Star for the 2018-19 school year.

“Sydney is an enthusiastic fifth grade student with a strong work ethic,” said her teachers. “She brightens each day with her genuine smile and caring attitude. Academically, Sydney always gives her best and perseveres. She works well with peers and maintains positive relationships.”

Sydney says she loves to learn which is why she’s always so happy to be at Crockett.

“The teachers here teach me a lot,” said Sydney, who admits her favorite subject is social studies. “I like it because you get to learn about all of the battles. We’ve also been learning about the presidents.”

Considering Sydney’s love for school and social studies, it’s no surprise what she wants to be when she grows up.

“I want to be a teacher,” said Sydney. “I think I could be a good teacher and teach about the wars and talk to the kids about it.”

Outside of school, Sydney enjoys practicing gymnastics even thought she admits it can be tough at times. But just like her school work, Sydney knows in order to succeed you have to be willing to put in the work.

“I like to learn a lot of stuff,” said Sydney, who draws inspiration from those around her. “If it gets hard, someone will say, ‘just keep trying and you’ll get the hang of it.'”

The Academic All-Star award is given to students who exhibit a positive attitude and a commitment to excellence in the classroom. Each Academic All-Star is chosen by his or her principal and receives a framed certificate, free food from Sonic Drive-In and other gifts from the district.