The Williamson County Board of Education approved Superintendent Dr. Mike Looney’s evaluation score of 4.33 out of 5 and extended his contract through January 22, 2023, at the group’s regular meeting January 23, 2019.
Fourteen students were recognized for achieving a perfect score on the ACT including Brentwood’s Cade Fowler, Ryan Fridge, Garrett Linney, Parker Nordstrom, Connor Novak and Paige Russell; Franklin’s Megan Carneal, Christian Darr, Joshua Garretson and Sally Johnson; Nolensville’s Joseph Sherrill; Ravewood’s Ashwin Balaje and Kyle Hanfland; and Summit’s Zane Reed.
In the Superintendent’s Report, Dr. Looney announced that it was School Board Appreciation Week. School Board members were given cookies from Food Services and a gift card from the principals. He called on Planning and Zoning Manager Allison Nunley who reviewed a recommended zoning plan. He also shared that the community zoning meetings would be Tuesday, January 29 at 6:30 p.m. at Oak View Elementary and Thursday, January 31 at 6 p.m. at Nolensville Elementary.
In the Board Chairman’s Report, Gary Anderson thanked Brentwood Middle’s PowerHouse for performing prior to the meeting. They are under the direction of Allison Senyard. He also announced that the February work session would be Wednesday, February 13.
In New Business, the Board:
- Approved two General Purpose Budget amendments to include one for a State Seatbelt Grant and one for MTSU and CTE.
- Approved one Education Capital Outlay Project Fund amendment for the Trinity Elementary School wastewater treatment plant.
- Approved an Education Capital Outlay Project Fund intra category transfer for road improvements at the Sunset elementary and middle campus.
- Approved one General Purpose Budget Resolution for school buses.
- Approved one General Purpose Budget Inter-category resolution for Instructional technology.
- Approved one Central Cafeteria Fund inter-category resolution for reimbursement for operational costs.
- Approved five Intent to Fund Capital Project resolutions: Central middle school; energy efficient; Scales Elementary HVAC; Page master plan phase II; and asphalt and roof projects.
- Approved a student request to be excused from compulsory school attendance.
- Approved one Board policy on second reading: Semester and Final Examinations.
- Approved all Section II Board policies on first reading.
In Other Business, the Board:
- Approved recommended field trip fee requests.
- Approved a City of Brentwood request for permanent easement and temporary construction easement at Edmondson Elementary.
The next regular meeting of the Williamson County Board of Education is scheduled for Monday, February 18, 2019, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Administrative Complex.
Board packet information can be found on the school district’s website www.wcs.edu. Select District; select Board of Education; select Board Meetings; and select School Board Meeting Dashboard.