He’s only nine-years-old, but third grader Barrett Beall is already making quite an impression among teachers and staff at Lipscomb Elementary School.

Barrett’s dedication to his schoolwork and positive attitude led administrators to name him as Lipscomb Elementary’s Academic All-Star for the 2018-19 school year.

“We are nominating Barrett for this award because he has shown all of the characteristics of what makes an All-Star,” said his teachers. “He is hard-working, dedicated, and always strives to do his best. Barrett is kind with his words and actions, and he sees the best in everyone. He is truly an All-Star.”

The admiration goes both ways. Barrett says he’s just as fond of the teachers as they are of him.”

“The teachers at Lipscomb are really good,” said Barrett. “They teach me new things I haven’t experienced.”

Barrett’s favorite subjects are social studies and science, especially when he gets to make cool things like “elephant toothpaste.”

“It’s this thing where you put all of these things in a bottle and stuff just starts pouring out,” said Barrett. “It’s really fun.”

Outside of school, Barrett likes to shoot hoops, play games and roller-skate inside his house. He also enjoys dreaming up his own inventions.

“I like to draw pictures and invent things,” said Barrett. “One of the things I want to invent is an automatic door opener that works on voice command. If you don’t know the password it won’t open.”

For now, Barrett says he’ll continue to focus on his schoolwork which he says will help prepare him for the future.

“School is very important to me,” said Barrett. “That’s because I just want to have a good life.”