The Williamson County Board of Education voted unanimously to begin Superintendent contract negotiations with WCS Interim Superintendent Jason Golden at its meeting May 20, 2019.
As part of the Board’s action, the following dates have been established for the public to interact with Golden:
- May 22: WCS Facebook Live at 11:30 a.m.
- May 23: Let’s Meet at 6 p.m. – Centennial High School
- May 24-26: Fairview, Brentwood, Franklin and Nolensville high school graduation ceremonies
- June 4: Let’s Meet at 10 a.m. – 1320 West Main St. in Franklin
- June 6: WCS Facebook Live at 11:30 a.m.
Tennessee law requires the Board give the public a 15-day notice before making the decision to offer Golden a contract.
Golden began his work in WCS in April of 2006 serving as the district’s attorney. He was promoted to Chief Operating Officer in January of 2010 and then promoted to Deputy Superintendent and General Counsel in July of 2012.