Gary Anderson was re-elected Board Chairman, and Nancy Garrett was re-elected Board Vice-Chairman at the September 16, 2019, Williamson County Board of Education meeting. Both were selected by unanimous votes, and both will serve one-year terms.
In the Superintendent’s Report, Jason Golden shared that the Williamson County Band Exhibition was a huge success and thanked all of those who made it possible. He reminded the Board of the Williamson Inc. Education Summit on Tuesday.
In the Board Chairman’s Report, Gary Anderson thanked Heritage Middle’s VOX under the direction of Lisa Benton for performing prior to the meeting. He reminded the Board that the TSBA Conference is scheduled for November 14-17 and that the TSBA Fall District Meeting is next Thursday.
In New Business, the Board:
- Approved two General Purpose School Fund Amendments to the 2019-20 budget including one for a LEAP Grant at Centennial High School and one for Disproportionality from IDEA.
- Established Rezoning Parameters for New Middle School that is located off Henpeck Lane.
- Approved Board parameters for the 2020-2021 school calendar to include no additional parameters outside of staff recommendations.
- Approved three policies on first reading including Code of Ethics for School Board Members, Promotion and Retention and Credit Requirements for Graduation.
In Other Business, the Board:
- Approved the following Board policies on second reading: 1.406, 2.403, 2.601, 6.308, 6.506, 3.200, 3.201, 3.2011, 3.202, 3.205, 3.402, 3.500, 5.101, 5.105, 5.107, 5.701, 5.802.
- Approved policies for deletion: 3.2011, 3.2012, 3.2013.
- Approved recommended field trip fee requests.
- Approved Collaborative Conferencing Team members.
- Approved the Board Calendar Committee Membership.
- Approved a school fee for student exams, auditions and competitions.
- Approved additional special education teacher assistants.
- Approved an ATMOS Energy request for permanent easement and temporary construction easement at Creekside Elementary School.
- Approved an Edmondson Pike sewer easement request.
The next regular meeting of the Williamson County Board of Education is scheduled for Monday, October 21, 2019, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Administrative Complex.
Board packet information can be found on the school district’s website www.wcs.edu. Select District; select Board of Education; select Board Meetings; and select School Board Meeting Dashboard.