Nolensville High’s Tim Coutras is the first Mr. Football award winner in the history of his school. He won the title in the Division I, Class 4A classification.

Tim and the other student-athletes were recognized at the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards luncheon December 2. Winners were selected based on their performance throughout the season as well as their academics and character. Each top athlete received a Mr. Football trophy.

“Tim has worked extremely hard over the past four years, and for him to win this award is very fitting,” said NHS head coach Paul Derrick. “I think it is very evident what a great football player Tim is, but what I am most proud of is the leader he became and how he impacted his teammates in a positive way. Before the season, Tim talked with me about how he wanted to leave a legacy. I cannot think of a better way for him to have done that than to be our school’s first ever Mr. Football winner. I am just so proud of Tim and appreciative of everything he has done for our football program.”

There are nine classifications, and the top nine athletes as well as the top kicker in the state receive the title of Mr. Football.

Additionally, Ravenwood High’s Luke Akers was named one of 30 finalists. He was one of three finalists for Kicker of the Year.