The Williamson County Board of Education held its March 30, 2020 meeting electronically in an effort to protect public health, safety and welfare in light of the Coronavirus. The Board voted to hold the WCSB meeting electronically pursuant to Governor Bill Lee’s Executive Order #16.
Superintendent Jason Golden provided an update on the Coronavirus and how it has affected school district operations.
Board Chairman Gary Anderson thanked parents, students, teachers, administration for patience during this time.
In New Business, the Board:
- Approved a waiver of its policy School Board Meetings and Work Sessions.
- Approved one 2019-2020 General Purpose School Fund Budget Amendment.
- Approved 2020-2021 High School Courses.
- Approved 2020-2021 Special Course Applications.
- Approved Textbook Adoption Committee Recommendations.
- Approved three Board policies on first reading including Commercial Advertising on Williamson County School Buses, Public Records Request and Field Trips.
- Approved a waiver of 2019-2020 instructional days based on the recommendation of the State of Tennessee Commissioner of Education
The next regular meeting of the Williamson County Board of Education is scheduled for Monday, April 20, 2020, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Administrative Complex, but location is subject to change.
Board packet information can be found on the school district’s website.