Library & Technology Resources
Check out details for the KES Media Center— a place providing your student with the tools and books they need to kickstart success!
Media Center Policies
- Library Visits: Each class has a scheduled time to receive library instruction, return books and select new ones. Individual students may come to check out books throughout the day with teacher permission.
- Checkout Procedures: Students in Kindergarten may check out one book at a time for 6 school days. Students in grades 1 – 5 may check out two books at a time for 12 days. Students have daily access to the library and may come each day to return books and get new books with teacher permission. Books may be renewed as long as no one else is waiting for the book.
- Damaged Books: Please return damaged books to the library for repair. Accidents can and do happen. Pets chew books, younger siblings color in them, water bottles leak, etc. Books damaged while checked out to a student will be assessed by the librarian to determine whether repairs can be made. A notice with replacement costs will be sent home for books damaged beyond repair. If a page is torn, please return the book to the library so we can repair it with special tape.
- Overdue Books: There is not a fine for overdue books. If you are finished with the book please return the book to the library so someone else can enjoy the book or renew the book if you are not finished with it.
- Lost Books: If a book is lost, a notice will be sent with the cost of the book. We cannot make change so please send the exact amount or a check written to Kenrose Elementary for the exact amount. We buy books with library binding and processing so replacement books will not be accepted. If a book is found and returned to our library before the end of the school year, a refund will be mailed.
Media Center Resources
What books are in our Kenrose library and are they available? Use our online card catalog.
- AR Book Finder
Do you want to know if a book has an AR test? AR Book Finder can answer that.
- KES Renaissance Place Home Connect
Want to see how your child is doing on their AR quizzes? You will need to use your child’s AR username and password to log on. Your child’s teacher will have this information, or your child may have already been given this information.
- WCS Student Internet Resources