Get the latest scoop on activities and events. Stay up-to-date with all of the opportunities available to our Mavericks.
Visit the WCS website for up-to-date county and state information.
News & Events
- Goodbye, Dr. Webb: See how faculty/staff said goodbye and thank you to our interim principal, Dr. Webb.
- 8th Grade Promotion: Congratulations to our 8th grade Mavericks! We will miss you! Check out the 8th Grade Promotion Video
- Rising 6th Grade Information: Check out the links below for tons of information for rising 6th graders:
- Summer Office Hours: Starting June 1st, we will go back to opening our building each day. Our front office hours will be 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. We will be closed on all observed holidays.
- 6th Grade Meet & Greet: July 21st and July 22nd (Tentative Dates)
- Pop-a-Lock (Save the Date): Here is the tentative schedule for back-to-school locker night in August.
Monday, August 3rd
6th grade-4:00-5:30 pm
7th Grade-5:30-7:00 pm
8th Grade-6:30-8:00 pm
- Academic All-Star: Congrats to Leilani Washington for being named MCMS Academic All-Star!
- Online Registration for New and Returning Students: For returning students, please log on to Skyward and register your child for the next school year. Online registration (via Skyward) opened on Monday, March 2 and will close on Sunday, June 21st.
New student enrollment is now available online! This applies to both kindergartners and students who are coming to WCS from another district. Visit our Online Enrollment/Registration page below for details on how to get the process started. Select the option that applies to you, and then make the request to create an account in Skyward. New Student Enrollment 2020-2021
- Related Arts Registration for All Grades: We are starting to work on our scheduling for next year. Students should click on the link that applies to them for the 2020-2021 school year. Students must sign-in to their @myplace.wcs.edu email address to submit their responses (responses cannot be submitted from any email address other than their @myplace.wcs.edu email account)
• Students can only submit one response
• Students will receive a copy of their responses in their @myplace.wcs.edu inbox
- Students and parents should complete this form together to ensure that course selections meet the best interests of each student:
- 2020-2021 Rising 6th Grade Related Arts Preferences Form
- 2020-2021 Rising 7th Grade Related Arts Preferences Form
- 2020-2021 Rising 8th Grade Related Arts Preferences Form
A Message from our Athletic Directors
Attention Mill Creek Athletes and Parents!! As we approach summer time, we wanted to provide a bit of an update regarding athletics. We are currently in a holding pattern, awaiting updates regarding tryouts, summer camps, team workouts and practices. As of now, no tryouts, or organized WCS athletic activities can take place before at minimum June 1. As we get a little closer to that date, we hope to have more info on what our summer activities will look like. There is a possibility of some activities starting up in June with small groups (less than 10) and social distancing precautions still in place. We simply are waiting for that info and will pass it along as soon as it becomes available. Until then, do your best to get your student athletes up to date in Final Forms, and stay tuned for updates. Thanks and Go Mavericks!!
The Mill Creek Current
The Mill Creek Current is our weekly newsletter that provides information about school events, sports, and community activities. It is distributed each week during the school year, usually on Friday evenings, to all parents/guardians included in the Mill Creek Middle School Skyward database. If you are not receiving the Current, please contact Holly Pring in the front office.