Mill Creek Media Center
The mission of our Media Center is to support the learning process by providing a wide range of resources that will give students an opportunity to achieve academic success. We assist students, teachers, and staff in becoming effective users of information, foster a love of reading, and partner with teachers to teach information literacy skills. We have various Minors classes that are taught in the library throughout the school year, as well as Flex activities. The Media Center is always a fun place to be!
About the MCMS Library
Though it is a new space, our library has over 9,000 titles including fiction and nonfiction books, ebooks, audio books, professional books, online databases, and reference materials available for students and staff.
Library Policies & Procedures
- The library is open from 7:30 AM–3:00 PM daily.
- The library operates on a flexible schedule, meaning that teachers may sign up to bring their classes for book checkout, research, or other academic needs. Students are able to come to the library throughout the day as needed.
- During Flex Time, the library is open for students who need a place to read, study, or research. There are limited spots available, so students must sign up before homeroom on a first come, first served basis. The library is also open during Study Focus. Students must have a note from their teacher to come during Study Focus.
- If a student needs to come to the library during class time, he/she must have a note from the teacher.
- There are laptops and Chromebooks available for students to use in the library. There is a library printer for student use. Color printing is available when needed for special class assignments. The printer is for school related documents only.
- Books are checked out for 15 school days. Lost or damaged textbooks and/or library fines must be paid by the end of each school year.
- No food or drink is allowed in the library.
- Because we share a space with elementary students, be considerate of them by maintaining a low level of noise upon entering the library.
The Library/Media Center is a hub of activity throughout the school day. Mrs. Stange and Mrs. Livingston are committed to help students and teachers navigate resources, as well as encourage and promote reading while providing a fun and welcoming environment.